• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Number me among "the huggy".
I'd of kept you from beating on the shark.
I'd of never needed to show off by hauling it ashore.

Been diving the waters of South Florida and the Keys since the early '70's.
All those years spent free diving, spearfishing, lobstering and chasing stone crabs,
I've had quite a few run ins with black tips, lemons, hammerheads and bulls,
still have all my fingers and toes and no teeth marks from 'em on my extremities.
It's necessary to understand their behavior. You act like food you get treated like food.

What scares me, when in the water, is other boaters and portugese man-o-war.
Once you've been lit up by the tendrils on a man-o-war, you never forget the pain.

Last edited:
how trains turn

skXgNKK.gif

not

The word you're looking for is 'have', not 'of'. I'd have.

I concur with the sentiment. I've been catching sharks off the gulf coast for about 15 years although I do not target them specifically. If it's on a single hook then I usually just let the shark keep it but cut the line as short as possible. But if he's bitten a big plug, which cost me some money, and which won't do the shark any good at all if he keeps it, I try to retrieve it. I hate having to put sharks in the boat. I have teeth marks on my cooler and the rub rails of the boat. I have a good set of boga grips and some long needle nose pliers and I do battle with sharks with these tools. Make no mistake - they're pissed off and want to bite you. Do not get your hands anywhere near their mouth because they will totally try to bite you. It's a hassle.

Been diving the waters of South Florida and the Keys since the early '70's.
All those years spent free diving, spearfishing, lobstering and chasing stone crabs,
I've had quite a few run ins with black tips, lemons, hammerheads and bulls,
still have all my fingers and toes and no teeth marks from 'em on my extremities.
It's necessary to understand their behavior. You act like food you get treated like food.

What scares me, when in the water, is other boaters and portugese man-o-war.
Once you've been lit up by the tendrils on a man-o-war, you never forget the pain.

You, and others like you, need to stop using "of" in the place of "have".

I'm not a Nazi. They tried to exterminate an entire race of people.
We're still a few steps away from that, but some cooperation from your side will certainly help keep things from escalating.

stop using "of" in the place of "have"

That's what happens when you attempt phonetic spelling while under the influence of benadryl.
conf45.gif

Truth be told, what I really meant to use was "I'd've"

hahaha.gif
which is a double contraction of a red neck colloquialism.

Did I get the syntax correct on that last phrase?
gap.gif

Last edited:
Got to thinkin' about it, and realized I needed to check my "Red Neck Thesaurus."

The correct contraction in this particular context is "I'da."

Example: "If'n I'da been standin' any closer, it'd bit me!"

Don'cha just love the English language and all the regional dialects?

I can see tucker now...
bangdesk.gif

btw, tucker, keep on posting the eclectic bits.
I like the t/n/a, but without the art, oddities and history,
the ta-ta's begin to blur together and become slightly boring.
laugh2.gif

Last edited: