• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

How about a good day of blasting dinosaurs! Over 50 killed, these were some of the ones recovered.

Attachments

• 20220907_164337.jpg
    20220907_164337.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 342
  • Screenshot_20220908-074132_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220908-074132_Messenger.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 349

WW II uncovered ·​

September 5 at 8:48 PM ·

🇺🇲
WWII uncovered: James Maitland Stewart: Decorated Pilot Flies 20 Combat Missions Over Germany

"James Maitland Stewart, of Indiana Pennsylvania, had over 400 flight hours as a civilian pilot when he enlisted in the Army Air Corps in 1941, and became an instructor for both the B-17 and B-24. He was 33 years old."

According to the National Aviation Hall of Fame: "In November 1943, Stewart was sent to England as Operations Officer for the 703rd Squadron, 445th Bombardment Group of the Eighth Air Force, transferring to the 453rd Bombardment Group in March 1944. Then Major Stewart flew 20 dangerous combat missions as a B-24 command pilot, wing commander or squadron commander, earning the Distinguished Flying Cross with two Oak Leaf Clusters, The Air Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters, and the French Croix de Guerre with Palm." (Source: National Aviation Hall of Fame)

Colonel Stewart remained in the US Air Force Reserve and was promoted to Brigadier General in 1959.

During his two weeks of active duty in 1966 Stewart requested a combat assignment, and he was duly sent on an inspection tour of Vietnam, where his stepson, 1Lt Ronald McLean, had recently been fatally wounded at the age of 24. Stewart insisted on participating in a strike against VC targets, flying a mission at the controls of B-52F 57-0149.

After 27 years of service, James retired in 1968 and was awarded the United States Air Force Distinguished Service Medal. Stewart rose from Private to Colonel in just four years.

After the war James returned to his acting career. James passed away on July 2, 1997 at the age of 89 in Beverly Hills California. Over 3,000 were in attendance during his memorial service with full military honors. He lies in rest at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale California.
As a lifelong advocate for aviators James Stewart has rightfully earned his place in the National Aviation Hall of Fame. Lest We Forget.

305539333_1323301488496168_7187337857176602294_n.jpg

Where is it

Half Dome in Yosemite, IIRC it’s 17ish miles and the view is absolutely worth it
Yeah, that's the last leg of the Half Dome hike. An ex girlfriend did it years before we met and we didn't get the chance to go before we split. She claimed it was a 12-14hr day with the hike up being 80% of it. I've also heard you've got to go really early these days because a line forms going up and down the ladder if you wait too long.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Olga-Kurylenko-1600x1200-042.jpg
    Olga-Kurylenko-1600x1200-042.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

From the Smithsonian Magazine web page:

Although a fighter pilot earns the title “ace” only after five victories, Pearson’s unique, outside-the-atmosphere bull’s-eye could define a new space category.

Although they think it “could” make him an Ace, it doesn’t. An Ace is five kills.

We just planted one of these a couple months ago. I'll never see it that big.

In my most recent PCS I am at a location where subsequent PCS are virtually non-existent, once one gets here, one stays. I bought a house planted more than 30 of the new double blooming hybrids (and some native varieties too) all around the back.

It's going to look magnificent in about 10 years.

And of course I'm about to get orders.

Fuck me.

and because pic thread:

G1k6HzJ.jpg

EMDxuMy.jpg

Last edited:

WW II uncovered ·​

September 5 at 8:48 PM ·

🇺🇲
WWII uncovered: James Maitland Stewart: Decorated Pilot Flies 20 Combat Missions Over Germany

"James Maitland Stewart, of Indiana Pennsylvania, had over 400 flight hours as a civilian pilot when he enlisted in the Army Air Corps in 1941, and became an instructor for both the B-17 and B-24. He was 33 years old."

According to the National Aviation Hall of Fame: "In November 1943, Stewart was sent to England as Operations Officer for the 703rd Squadron, 445th Bombardment Group of the Eighth Air Force, transferring to the 453rd Bombardment Group in March 1944. Then Major Stewart flew 20 dangerous combat missions as a B-24 command pilot, wing commander or squadron commander, earning the Distinguished Flying Cross with two Oak Leaf Clusters, The Air Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters, and the French Croix de Guerre with Palm." (Source: National Aviation Hall of Fame)

Colonel Stewart remained in the US Air Force Reserve and was promoted to Brigadier General in 1959.

During his two weeks of active duty in 1966 Stewart requested a combat assignment, and he was duly sent on an inspection tour of Vietnam, where his stepson, 1Lt Ronald McLean, had recently been fatally wounded at the age of 24. Stewart insisted on participating in a strike against VC targets, flying a mission at the controls of B-52F 57-0149.

After 27 years of service, James retired in 1968 and was awarded the United States Air Force Distinguished Service Medal. Stewart rose from Private to Colonel in just four years.

After the war James returned to his acting career. James passed away on July 2, 1997 at the age of 89 in Beverly Hills California. Over 3,000 were in attendance during his memorial service with full military honors. He lies in rest at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale California.
As a lifelong advocate for aviators James Stewart has rightfully earned his place in the National Aviation Hall of Fame. Lest We Forget.

305539333_1323301488496168_7187337857176602294_n.jpg

Thanks for that…. I remain a big fan. He earned our respect through his service, his example, and a life well lived.

I still have my original set of ‘prop and wings’ from my time at the Blue Zoo. 28 years, 16 days later, I added one to the back of my truck as a reminder as well…

i-QGmhDQS-X4.jpg

Had it done by a custom badge company…my badge made the front of their web page for awhile too:

i-w9JM45G.jpg

…and recently to some mag bottom plates, and a rear slide cap for my G21:

i-Hxbg5DW-X4.jpg

i-BKMSGtL-X4.jpg

Last edited: