• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

4d0cb965eb319b76dc53f07ce2b1d1765271415b69ef59d7e92c60e79dcf0f98_1.png

Other folks have posted that they know auto engineers, and supposedly they do the stupid designs for efficiency or some other horseshit. I firmly believe they do it to discourage people from working on their own vehicles. Make it a PITA so they'll take it to the stealership for work. The mechanics there deal with the PITA, but they are on the clock and the book says it takes X amount of hours to do a job, that would have taken 15 minutes under a shade tree, a jack and a few hand tools. Tell me wrong.
look at it from another angle as well.

Over the past 25 years or so Ferrari has made it more difficult to change your own oil on purpose.

Main reason, when they reviewed engine and transmission failures they noticed incorrect fill levels and not using the correct brand/type of lubricants.

Ferrari was on the hook for replacing a engine because bubba thinks that all oil is the same or you don’t need the oem gasket the eBay one is good enough etc

Ok, you’re the exception. I have a hard pass for any limey Brit auto engineer though. I haven’t worked on a ton of British cars but from what I’ve seen, those engineer blokes are all related in the worst possible way
Likely because they all worship Lucas the dark lord of smoke

• Haha
Reactions: The D and lash
Yes they designed it. Do you think they designed it that way to piss off mechanics? Or do you think the designed the way they did because their bosses gave the fuel efficiency / ease of assembly on the production line / production cost / product cycle production timelines / etc. goals?

Follow the money.

It was designed that way so that less and less people can fix and maintain their own vehicles. It was designed that way so that people have to take the vehicle back to the dealer for repairs and service.

One small example is the three trucks I have owned in the last 22 years. All Dodge (now Ram) all with a Cummins diesel. The 2001 model was very easy to maintain. Fuel and oil filters were very easy to get to. The 2008 model, the oil filter was very easy to get to, but the fuel filter was a bit of a pain. The 2016 model, I currently have, has three fuel filters, one at the tank, one on the firewall, and one above the frame behind the front driver side tire. The firewall filter requires a ladder beside the fender to get to. The frame filter requires going between the frame and inner fender.

The oil filter takes the cake though. You cannot get to it from beneath. The 4WD front end completely obscures it. You cannot get to it from above. The ail cleaner, A/C lines and alternator almost obscure it. You get to it via the inner fender and frame from the passenger side front wheel. You have to tilt it horizontal to get it out, dumping black engine oil on the front end and on the floor. No other way around it.

For decades, the Ford Powerstroke has certain procedures to correct engine problems that require removal of the entire cab of the truck. That makes those procedures very expensive.

Follow the money.

Follow the money.

It was designed that way so that less and less people can fix and maintain their own vehicles. It was designed that way so that people have to take the vehicle back to the dealer for repairs and service.

One small example is the three trucks I have owned in the last 22 years. All Dodge (now Ram) all with a Cummins diesel. The 2001 model was very easy to maintain. Fuel and oil filters were very easy to get to. The 2008 model, the oil filter was very easy to get to, but the fuel filter was a bit of a pain. The 2016 model, I currently have, has three fuel filters, one at the tank, one on the firewall, and one above the frame behind the front driver side tire. The firewall filter requires a ladder beside the fender to get to. The frame filter requires going between the frame and inner fender.

The oil filter takes the cake though. You cannot get to it from beneath. The 4WD front end completely obscures it. You cannot get to it from above. The ail cleaner, A/C lines and alternator almost obscure it. You get to it via the inner fender and frame from the passenger side front wheel. You have to tilt it horizontal to get it out, dumping black engine oil on the front end and on the floor. No other way around it.

For decades, the Ford Powerstroke has certain procedures to correct engine problems that require removal of the entire cab of the truck. That makes those procedures very expensive.

Follow the money.
Do they make a filter relocation kit?

This takes care of that problem.

iu

Last edited:
These red shoes should keep @clcustom1911 occupied for a while.....

View attachment 8083996
Yes. No. Maybe.

The correct search term should be "Louboutin Erotic" or "Louboutin Slut", etc. The correct, amd only allowable brand of "Dem shoess" are Christian Louboutin. They are characterized by their unmistakable red bottoms.

See below for example and reference:

BwiduboIcAAizY7.jpg

Yes. No. Maybe.

The correct search term should be "Louboutin Erotic" or "Louboutin Slut", etc. The correct, amd only allowable brand of "Dem shoess" are Christian Louboutin. They are characterized by their unmistakable red bottoms.

See below for example and reference:

View attachment 8084627
1677458376586.jpeg

This kind of red bottom?