• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

suburban-men-daily-man-up-20230227-110.jpg

Boeing doesn't build prototypes anymore, straight from CAD to production. They have a computer model of a hand/arm; and insure that all the parts of the plane can be accessed by a human. They probably do not consider degree of difficulty.
Rules.View attachment 8084828
Guess Ford doesn't use that program when they designed the 5.4 Triton starter. 3rd bolt is on top and BARELY accessible with the magic combination of sockets & extensions.

20230226_141009.jpg
20230226_145926.jpg

Edit: I should also mention you need the hands of a 8 month old child to get up in there and had that bolt not broken loose as easily as it did, I doubt I'd have been able to get it out.

Last edited:
Guess Ford doesn't use that program when they designed the 5.4 Triton starter. 3rd bolt is on top and BARELY accessible with the magic combination of sockets & extensions.

View attachment 8085575View attachment 8085576

Many years ago I used to work on Mirage fighter jets designed by Marcel Dassault. One of the jobs that was always very hard was removing the water separator in the aircon system. The maintenance manual basically said remove the panel, disconnect the fittings and remove the separator.

It never came out without an almighty struggle. One day when I had a bit of spare time I dug out the original French language manuals and checked the instructions, What they actually said was "Utilizing the natural elasticity of the airframe, remove the separator". So they knew it did not fit through the hole and needed lots of leverage.

Turns out that the University students that were paid to translate the manuals from French to Australian were pretty well overpaid.

Many years ago I used to work on Mirage fighter jets designed by Marcel Dassault. One of the jobs that was always very hard was removing the water separator in the aircon system. The maintenance manual basically said remove the panel, disconnect the fittings and remove the separator.

It never came out without an almighty struggle. One day when I had a bit of spare time I dug out the original French language manuals and checked the instructions, What they actually said was "Utilizing the natural elasticity of the airframe, remove the separator". So they knew it did not fit through the hole and needed lots of leverage.

Turns out that the University students that were paid to translate the manuals from French to Australian were pretty well overpaid.
its still happing today

we buy equipment from all over the world and the manuals that are translated are pretty rough

the really high-dollar guys have an almost perfect English manual but the smaller cheaper equipment its a crap shoot.

one Chinese machine that was new to us, pretty confusing HMI screen
manual was in English and Chinese, but the English portion was a lot shorter so we know it was just bare bones

couldnt figure out what was going on

tried a translate app that you can take pictures but it wasnt good enough

i went to a Chinese food place around the corner and gave the desk girl 200$ to come translate the screens at her break

I remember a few years ago a tail gunner in a B-52 lost Comms with the pilots , or anyone in the cabin … he literally thought they were going to crash. He punched out …..thing was , nothing wrong with the plane 🙈

First heard that story decades ago. Gunners we're moved out of the tail with the G models and eliminated altogether after the USSR fell. The last guy to serve as a tail gunner retired around 2016-2017.

I think my dates are...close.

Reactions: Barneybdb
I remember a few years ago a tail gunner in a B-52 lost Comms with the pilots , or anyone in the cabin … he literally thought they were going to crash. He punched out …..thing was , nothing wrong with the plane 🙈
Had to be a REALLY long time ago. They haven't had tail gunners in a very long time. By 1992 the last of the 52 G and H's had removed all guns.

Reactions: Barneybdb