• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

You can count the impacts.....

20230926_133608.jpg

Reactions: Barneybdb and lash
Last edited:
I vacillated between a sad or a laugh emoji. Went for the laugh as I figured she’s probably like you and that’s the way she’d want it.
She was a mean old woman, she told the doctors to cease all medical interventions and she was going out on her own terms and she did. If you were worried about laughing don’t, the apple never falls far from the tree…

She was a mean old woman, she told the doctors to cease all medical interventions and she was going out on her own terms and she did. If you were worried about laughing don’t, the apple never falls far from the tree…
You are a mean old woman? Damn, who would have guessed?

• Haha
Reactions: jrassy and lash

"And here we see a live show being put on by the History of Transportation Museum on the Transitional Period of the early 1900s"... 😂

That said, the NYC MTA better roll out some of the vintage R1 trains this year again and run them on the R or the E lines!

Those extremely high torque Westinghouse 700 volt DC traction motors are something to hear especially in the confined space underground. Just pure power.

"And here we see a live show being put on by the History of Transportation Museum on the Transitional Period of the early 1900s"... 😂

That said, the NYC MTA better roll out some of the vintage R1 trains this year again and run them on the R or the E lines!

Those extremely high torque Westinghouse 700 volt DC traction motors are something to hear especially in the confined space underground. Just pure power.

My favorite was the R44.

iu

I used to take it all the time for my summer college job once. It was the first series of cars to have the ♫♪ Bing Bong ♪♫ as the doors were closing. And the sound conditioning was so tight you could clearly hear the motor spool up and resonate from nothing. A consistent sound. I loved it. The R46's were close, but no cigar as, you couldn't hear that resonate spool up. Although they did have the "whistle break" release.

A lot of them were rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen, (as I was working on Wall St in the late 90's - early 2000s), so they lost that initial breaking sound but the sound conditioning and motor spool was retained.