• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Okay, back to motivation.

1697566660729.jpeg

They were early ...aaaand they didn't commit on the design.

They were too early to catch the cross-over trend.....and they marketed it as a "adventure vehicle".....but gave it 0 capability to actually do the adventure bit.

If they improved the off-road capability, and gave it slightly more aggressive styling, they would sell like hotcakes today.

Essentially they needed a "trail hawk" version

View attachment 8251022

View attachment 8251019

View attachment 8251020

1697567456380.png

Oh please.....you know as well as I do if they released that in desert tan half the hide would be driving one.....

You wanna throw up, you should see what they killed off the Aztec to start making.

View attachment 8251033
I have a Buddy that drives one. I just don’t have the heart to razz him about it.

Could be worse. Could be an AMC Pacer…….

IMG_7998.jpeg

Oh please.....you know as well as I do if they released that in desert tan half the hide would be driving one.....

You wanna throw up, you should see what they killed off the Aztec to start making.

View attachment 8251033
My friends brother helped design the PT
When they were combined with MB

He was removed from the project for proposing a different engine compartment enabling a larger engine.

…guess why the PT never took off..largest complaint..lack of power.

They moved him to the MB CLK conv engineering department

They were early ...aaaand they didn't commit on the design.

They were too early to catch the cross-over trend.....and they marketed it as a "adventure vehicle".....but gave it 0 capability to actually do the adventure bit.

If they improved the off-road capability, and gave it slightly more aggressive styling, they would sell like hotcakes today.

Essentially they needed a "trail hawk" version

View attachment 8251022

View attachment 8251019

View attachment 8251020
C’mon man. Low angle shots make most any vechicle look good.

Just look at this mid-70s travesty of a Ford Mustang.
D1C8858C-A69B-4719-B54B-2E985864BD7A.jpeg

Now look at this approximately same model, different angle
C08F2471-3AF0-4B5A-B1C9-14C9E706E318.jpeg

This is not a ground-level shot, but it sure looks better to my eye (yeah, it’s in better shape, has a better color & light, but squint at both pics to see what I mean).

Go even lower, like as in the pics you showed, and this POS will look even better.

I get what you are saying, that if they had the time to revisit the design they could’ve made it better-looking. Just look at the wheel well mods on your pics. Much better. But my problem is with what was, not what was possible.

Also re: the Aztek you posted: that large spoiler? On an off-road truck car grocery-getter? Lol

I’m not commenting on how the Aztek was created or its reliability or anything. Just on pure design. The thing is a disaster.

You can almost see the delineation where different corp design teams worked on it…rear end, front fascia, wheel wells, ugh. Just completely not pulled together. Overall, it reminds me of a tortoise with two sets of huge nostrils.

6C176AFE-2BF7-4257-B377-271E551F22BF.jpeg

60274FAE-34EF-486C-8585-5CC8A1DCC338.jpeg

89CE5F2E-A10A-44D1-BD33-DAAB4D7FAA1B.jpeg
20922375-BCF7-417D-85BA-EE5A43B7FFB6.jpeg

In short, the Pacer and PT Cruiser commit to their designs (and I use that last word lightly here lol) but design-wise, the Aztek commits to…nothing.

It’s a hodgepodge of taped-together design themes aimed at different market segments.

Last edited:
I built a model of the GT 40 as a kid and actually prefer the Ferrari in you pictures, but the Porsche car was my favorite for a while. Still a soft spot for ‘70s GT race cars in general. Had I the means, that’s what I would collect.

what about this one 9,000,000 scoville units???

I once had their hot sauce, 357 magnum or something like that. It was only 357,000 scoville units, but I hadn’t really paid attention.

!!!!!!

Bottom line, I like hot and even enough to make me break a sweat, but only if it actually adds some sort of flavor and I can taste what I’m eating. THAT was not it. I’m out. Not into pain and heat.

Another top contender for best looking car.....

1985 Porsche 911 Carrera

View attachment 8251087

My dad had one of those, at one time, but a bit newer model year (i.e early 2000s). This may sound like blasphemy, here, but I'm not big on cars. To me, a car is just "transportation..." not a "statement." I wouldn't want to deal with the insurance and fuel costs for one of these. Besides, I have no place to drive a car like that where I live... well, the way it *should* be driven. If I did have such a place, and I really wanted a car like this, it would be this one:

iu

Now, OTOH, a 1921 Thomson .45 Cal with drum mags... THAT'S A STATEMENT! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I have a Buddy that drives one. I just don’t have the heart to razz him about it.

Could be worse. Could be an AMC Pacer…….

View attachment 8251044
A friend tried to rent a Pacer for his daughter to drive to prom. He said if he had to pay that much for a dress, makeup, hair stylist and shoes that he wanted everyone to see it. Plus there's no way they could fog that much glass

A friend tried to rent a Pacer for his daughter to drive to prom. He said if he had to pay that much for a dress, makeup, hair stylist and shoes that he wanted everyone to see it. Plus there's no way they could fog that much glass
So, just how much of the glass did they fog ?

(not sure why I asked that question. Or, that I really want to know......).