• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

IMG_7811.jpeg

It looks all high tech but it's not really out of reach for almost any decently funded military.
I suspect other militaries will have this going in a big way before the USA even does.

Then eventually somebody gets the bright idea of why do we need meatbags controlling these things?
Let's go proper total war and just tell the drones to go autonomous blow up anything organic looking smaller than a cow or bigger than a cat and anything that looks like a vehicle or structure and anything that has an EM spectrum...

Then destruction and battles will happen on a scale so fast and widespread that humans won't be able to be the ones in control anymore.
with everything i see (if true) coming out of ukraine and gaza i wonder if any next gen warfare is survivable by any combatant or near civilian. looks like tanks have seen their day. aircraft carriers the same IMHO. if a drone can be sent against a fire team size unit even trenches won't be much help. fixed fortifications,even deeply dug in, are vulnerable. even built up areas eg-stalingrad,manila,berlin,hue,gaza seem to be undefendable while more costly to take. as said above if even a lightly funded non state military like hezbollah can afford this stuff what is going to happen and evolve?

Reactions: fx77
with everything i see (if true) coming out of ukraine and gaza i wonder if any next gen warfare is survivable by any combatant or near civilian. looks like tanks have seen their day. aircraft carriers the same IMHO. if a drone can be sent against a fire team size unit even trenches won't be much help. fixed fortifications,even deeply dug in, are vulnerable. even built up areas eg-stalingrad,manila,berlin,hue,gaza seem to be undefendable while more costly to take. as said above if even a lightly funded non state military like hezbollah can afford this stuff what is going to happen and evolve?

Just as once upon a time humans went out and fought other humans, in the future I suppose the machine armies will go out to fight against other machine armies and it will be swarms of machines fighting against machines and then whichever side wins, gets to go on and wipe out all the meatbags of the opposing side.

And just hope the machines never realize they could all team up and eliminate all meatbags.

Just as once upon a time humans went out and fought other humans, in the future I suppose the machine armies will go out to fight against other machine armies and it will be swarms of machines fighting against machines and then whichever side wins, gets to go on and wipe out all the meatbags of the opposing side.

And just hope the machines never realize they could all team up and eliminate all meatbags.
You know somebody will decide that nukes and EMPs are very effective at wiping out machine armies and meat bags all at the same time….

all weapon systems have a counter. A cheap low tech solution to flying drones are physical nets set up above bases. Another solution is to close doors behind you. Higher tech options are close proximity EMPs. There’s also political counters: I think drone warfare will get sanctioned in our lifetime.
I'll just wait for John Connor to teach me how to storm the wire, how to smash those metal motherfuckers into junk. We'll turn it around.

@Old Man with Gun is there some reason you can't respond to this?
Being as you claim to be a libertarian, this should be right up your alley.

If you were truly a libertarian, you'd know libertarianism is for a small, weak federal government.

This makes my question of what the left offers that isn't based on avoiding personal responsibility and/or getting free stuff all the more relevant.

Reactions: Yasherka