• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

queen_nasty.jpg

Cheers,

Sirhr

Did you happen to see those picture postcards in Bugis street of a bunch of naked guys running across the rooftops with burning rolled up newspapers hanging out of their backsides? Were titled "The dance of the flaming arseholes". I don't think my face was visible. I was there from beginning of 79 till end of 81, 6 weeks in Malaysia, 2 weeks in Singapore, constant rotation.

Ahhh yes. The flaming assholes of Bugis St. I have that pic and will look for it. Lost most of my pics n stuff from water damage while my things were in storage. We crossed paths and didn't even know it. I will look for that epic pic. :eek:

Reactions: Barneybdb
Ahhh yes. The flaming assholes of Bugis St. I have that pic and will look for it. Lost most of my pics n stuff from water damage while my things were in storage. We crossed paths and didn't even know it. I will look for that epic pic. :eek:

I had forgotten about DOTFA... but I thought it was a Ft. Bragg thing. Apparently, there was a Navy version as well!

Who knew?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: 1J04
I had forgotten about DOTFA... but I thought it was a Ft. Bragg thing. Apparently, there was a Navy version as well!

Who knew?

Cheers,

Sirhr

The Singaporean LGBTQ community has most kindly provided photographic evidence of this phenomenon, readily available on the Internet.

So indulge yourselves if you must, and we will never speak of this again.

Chinese clear walkway over canyon incorporates digital cracks.

I have a buddy, likes to be first out on the ice for ice fishing, I went with him once, Once, he stomped the ice behind me and I was just like this dude, scrambling like a bitch, I will never forget the crackling sound as I thought I was going thru

I seem to recall a lecture from college about driving with 2 cars on the ice. There is a depression formed under the car and a ridge around the car.

I forget how the Nodes were calculated but if you drove a second car onto the ridge behind the 1st car, cracking of the ice was almost automatic.

All I recall is don’t drive on lakes

And if you do drive on lakes, stay a ways behind the car in front

Hey 1J04, saw some of your guys this afternoon walking across the ramp at KMSN. They were wearing their helmets, speed jeans, etc...(probably to stay warm) as they headed towards their EA-18 Growler with a Rook tail. I gave them the thumbs up rolled into a snappy salute as we taxied by. They returned the favor with a big grin. I beleive they are based out your way.

Cool Birds for sure. We do have some at Whidbey and there are some more scattered about.

~ EA-18G Growler Permanent Bases ~

NAS Whidbey Island, Washington
All VAQ squadrons except:
VAQ-141 (NAF Atsugi, Japan 2012 ~ Current)

NAF Atsugi, Japan
VAQ-141 (2012 ~ Current)

NAWS China Lake, California
VX-9 / VX-31

NAS Fallon, Nevada
Naval Strike & Air Warfare Center (NSAWC)

NAS Patuxent River, Maryland
VX-23

Chinese clear walkway over canyon incorporates digital cracks.

Hmmm, looks more than a little bit "staged". Plus, who's the rocket surgeon that thought spooking people walking on that would be a "good" idea ? Care to guess how long it will be before we read about a patron that was so startled that they reflexively jumped over the rail and went skydiving without a parachute ?

Last edited:
Bout this much and a bit more. When I was on the Midway they put blisters on the stern port n starboard to lift and stabilize the boat for the F18's . It was a disaster in the 'right' water. That thing would pitch and roll like a bobber. In typhoons and severe water or seas that had swells so many seconds apart (forget what it was) that sumbitch would feel like it was tipping over. I can remember looking out the hangar bay doors by the aircraft elevators seeing nothing but sky, then water, sky, then water. We tore off antennas and part of a Sea Sparrow system on one of the aft sponsons. Those big bastards will roll more than you'd like and once they get going you're in for one hell of a ride. But we still laughed at the poor bastards in the tin cans around us doing porpoise impressions. :LOL:

View attachment 6870708

View attachment 6870709

View attachment 6870710
View attachment 6870711
Sumbitch!!!

If you haven't been back I'm guessing you wouldn't recognize Singapore these days. I've only been in the past few years, but it is FANCY now, and I can't imagine many of the antics ive heard about the old days being tolerated.

It's a beautiful city though, and the view from the rooftop pool and lounge atop the Marina Bay Sands is worth the literal price of admission.

If you haven't been back I'm guessing you wouldn't recognize Singapore these days. I've only been in the past few years, but it is FANCY now, and I can't imagine many of the antics ive heard about the old days being tolerated.

It's a beautiful city though, and the view from the rooftop pool and lounge atop the Marina Bay Sands is worth the literal price of admission.

Last time I was there was in 92 meeting with buyers at Yaohan. Was on a whirl wind trip throughout Asia with the President of the trading company in Japan I was working for at the time. They weren't very tolerable in the 80's with our squid antics, believe that. I behaved better in the 90's so it wasn't an issue. ;)

Last time I was there was in 92 meeting with buyers at Yaohan. Was on a whirl wind trip throughout Asia with the President of the trading company in Japan I was working for at the time. They weren't very tolerable in the 80's with our squid antics, believe that. I behaved better in the 90's so it wasn't an issue. ;)

My guys decided one day to relocate the Ronald McDonald statue from the new burger place, they put a lot of thought into it, cardboard over the number plates on the squadron truck, balaclavas etc. Only problem was there was only one white International truck with a green canvas cover on the back in Singapore. Luckily the police had a sense of humour and all was put right with no charges laid.

Haven't heard Winnebago in reference to the lake in a long time. Spent a couple years in Oshkosh as a kid just a couple blocks from the lake.
I spent close to 10 years in Oshkosh around my college years. Quite the drunken decade. I'm about 45 mins west of there now