• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Image 10.jpg

1911 with history!
Previous sale;

• Wow
Reactions: geek65 and mi650
An inside look at Bartlein Barrels, @Frank Green looks good in that track suit!

LOL! I actually seen that video before. That was an awesome post!

Not sure if he twisted the tool steel far enough to make sure it's a proper 1-10 twist for his barrel? ;)

Love his left over shredded rag... and lapping compound to smooth out the bore also! :LOL:

His barrel blank only had a little runout... so good to go there also! :sneaky:

Where there is a will there is a way!

I wish I could find the new video (forget it if was ABS, or NBC or CBS) back when Russia was fighting in Afghanistan back in the 1980's time frame. Anyways they went to a open gun market.... and besides guns that where for sale (including M1 Garands and Lugers from WW1) they showed them making AK47's by hand which included hand cut rifling the barrels on a real old looking 1800's cutting type machine if you want to call it that. Back then they pulled the cutter thru by hand. Gotta say though... those hand built AK's worked and slinged lead to kill the Russians good enough.

I should make a video of making gun barrels totally by hand... I could be a TikTok star! :cool:

I first saw this in high school shop class. A very good way to spend an hour. Every gun guy should watch this.

For those that don't have the time, just start it. An hour later you can let us know how it was.

Thank you,
MrSmith