• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

2D8E5206-C290-49C0-8596-2B3F3543C412.jpeg

Damn engineers..... Nuclear power engineer here, was electrician for 20 years though. Looks like a panel move. If there were Romex connectors, and properly terminated wires including the grounds, along with a cover it's actually legal. Electrical tape on wire nuts screams hack. That and 3m scotchlock wire nuts are the shittiest wire nuts ever made. We have done a bunch of panel upgrades and left the old panel if we could blank out, but we usually replaced it with a big jbox

I'm not sure what we're looking at here. To me, it looks like someone took this photo standing in an elevator. If that's the case, I say the tile man gets a big thumbs up. It would be a narrow opening for an elevator though.

So I got an interesting offer today. I was offered a weekend of wild sex with a Victoria's Secret Model if I would surreptitiously advertise a Household Product in forums here on Snipers Hide. Naturally, I declined, being of high-moral character and strong willpower. Willpower as strong a Ajax Tub and Tile Cleaner, now available in a spray mist format and in new vanilla- and Fresh Spring Breeze scent concentrates. You can pick up Ajax Foaming cleaner at your local WalMart, Walgreens or you can order on Amazon for free shipping.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I'm a home inspector... He probably should brag, at least he's using wire nuts...:)

I replace light bulbs mainly but:
-He reverses polarity in the upper left
-He doesn’t have adaptors and brings multiple lines through a single port
-What gauge wires come in from them left? Must be big because he used extra tape
-The wires from the left come in and just go out

-He reverses polarity in the upper left
-He doesn’t have adaptors and brings multiple lines through a single port
-What gauge wires come in from them left? Must be big because he used extra tape

I'm no Sparky, so the only thing I caught was the lack of box clamps. But I do know any reputable electrician would look at that and puke. Like my friend Lee says, the worst thing a electrician can hear is the owners saying "we had Dad/brother-in-law/neighbor do the wiring". You know there's going to be trouble.

Looks like #8 wire.. He's using split bolts on them and not wire nuts thus all of the tape.

All of the wires come in and go out, it's a FUBAR junction box.

Last edited:
Reactions: abizdafuzz