• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

I read a great book on the Apache helicopter. It describes the flechettes inside the rockets. They are about the size of pencils and made of metal. The velocity is so high that if they pass within 12" of your body, flesh will be torn off!!!! That is pretty bad ass.
B-17's dropped millions of flechettes over German factory cities during WWII, in an age of PGM's it's hard to wrap your head around factory workers being targets of bombing raids but whatever shuts down the Panzer, Stuka and ordnance production lines...

gifs_girls_01.gif

50 bmg is just a big 30-06 round

The video is unavailable.

But basic math

Momentum = Mass times Velocity
Kinetic energy is 1/2 mass x velocity squared.

A 30-06 I’ll say if 150 grains- @ 2750 FPS -call it a garland load

A 50 bmg is say 650 grains at about the same FPS

So the 50 has 4-5 times the momentum due to more mass
And it’s KE is not that extreme as the velocity - which gets squared- is the same.

So a shockwave kill seems like BS to me.....

That video has been debunked many times in the past. It's not only true, I believe it's been proven that he lied and fabricated the entire thing.

Reactions: hermosabeach
B-17's dropped millions of flechettes over German factory cities during WWII, in an age of PGM's it's hard to wrap your head around factory workers being targets of bombing raids but whatever shuts down the Panzer, Stuka and ordnance production lines...

They were called Lazy Dogs, and we dropped millions of them in Japan too. The body was lead so they hit like bullets raining from the sky.

1540405970801.png

1540406131103.png

I read a great book on the Apache helicopter. It describes the flechettes inside the rockets. They are about the size of pencils and made of metal. The velocity is so high that if they pass within 12" of your body, flesh will be torn off!!!! That is pretty bad ass.

The ones I have from a 2.75" warhead are about the thickness of pencil lead, 1.5" in length and have fins at the dull end. They're coated with a red powder which I was informed is a defoliant...and also an anti-coagulant.

The ones I have from a 2.75" warhead are about the thickness of pencil lead, 1.5" in length and have fins at the dull end. They're coated with a red powder which I was informed is a defoliant...and also an anti-coagulant.

The red powder was neither a defoliant, nor an anti-coagulant. It was simply red powder that was packed around the flechettes, so that when the warhead exploded and ejected the pattern of darts, the helicopter pilot could see the 'cone' and direction of his shot. Without the red powder, it would be very hard to see whether their unguided rockets were on target.

General Dynamics used to make those things down at our pack plant in, I think, Mississippi or Alabama.

Nothing sinister... just talc/chalk dust.

Cheers,

Sirhr