• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

149520.jpeg

Someone told me it was a dieseling explosion for the oil in the ballistics gel. Makes sense.

RMD
I didn't see any pyrotechnic device inside the gel that could have made that effect. Even if there was one planted inside, the initial impact of the bullet would have set it off much earlier. Whatever software they used to create that was damn good.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country

One of the first Hind helicopters that 'happened' to show up in CONUS was 'accidentally' recovered by the 160th. Some guys from Langley spotted one that was broken down in the Egyptian desert. And before the Sovs could get in and fix it, the whole thing was picked up by some American Heavy Lift helicopters and dropped off on the deck of a carrier, by accident, I am sure. Where it could be studied and analyzed.

Three more arrived CONUS thanks to 'Honest Hakim's Used Chopper Sales' and were used in the original Red Dawn and other movies.

So many good stories...

Cheers,

Sirhr

One of the first Hind helicopters that 'happened' to show up in CONUS was 'accidentally' recovered by the 160th. Some guys from Langley spotted one that was broken down in the Egyptian desert. And before the Sovs could get in and fix it, the whole thing was picked up by some American Heavy Lift helicopters and dropped off on the deck of a carrier, by accident, I am sure. Where it could be studied and analyzed.

Three more arrived CONUS thanks to 'Honest Hakim's Used Chopper Sales' and were used in the original Red Dawn and other movies.

So many good stories...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Hi,

4 Mi-24s were just sold 2 years ago here in the States... Two 24V and Two 24D.
But luckily for anyone wanting a Hind D.....The current Russian sanctions does not include Rosoboron Export (Russia State Owned Military Equipment Exporter). The MI-35 Hind D (Export Version) are pretty easy to acquire :)

Sincerely,
Theis

So many good stories...

Cheers,

Sirhr
There is also an interesting story about Soviet military equipment down here in Aus, will see if I can dig it up again.

Found it: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/australia-impounds-papua-new-guinea-bound-mi-24s-527/

https://www.smh.com.au/public-servi...ence-base-after-18-years-20150911-gjkhur.html

Last edited:

So many good stories...

Cheers,

Sirhr
1545525103184.jpeg

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...once-snatched-a-libyan-hind-gunship-from-chad

Now THAT's impressive ! :cool:
I asked a friend who is a retired Lockheed Propulsion Engineer and he gave me this explaination -" Absolutely! It is a thermodynamics technique for adding cooling airflow to keep the barrel cool. F-16 uses it to surround the engine with cooling flow. In addition, the average flow velocity of the cooling air surrounding the engine is designed to be 20 fps, which prevents flames propagation in the event of a fuel leak and fire. So now you know the rest of the story!"
I said BS it was just a lucky shot.:eek:

I asked a friend who is a retired Lockheed Propulsion Engineer and he gave me this explaination -" Absolutely! It is a thermodynamics technique for adding cooling airflow to keep the barrel cool. F-16 uses it to surround the engine with cooling flow. In addition, the average flow velocity of the cooling air surrounding the engine is designed to be 20 fps, which prevents flames propagation in the event of a fuel leak and fire. So now you know the rest of the story!"
I said BS it was just a lucky shot.:eek:
And.......you would be correct. Probably not so much lucky as just pure coincidence.

Reactions: 1J04