• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1546054703600.jpeg

For your friends who think they understand science and math... yet play the lotto

—in a deck of cards—
There are exactly 52 factorial (expressed in shorthand as 52!) possible orderings of the cards in a 52-card deck. In other words, there are 52 × 51 × 50 × 49 × ··· × 4 × 3 × 2 × 1 possible combinations of card sequence. This is approximately 8×1067possible orderings or specifically 80,658,175,170,943,878,571,660,636,856,403,766,975,289,505,440,883,277,824,000,000,000,000.

Yup - the odds of shuffling a deck in the same order as some one else is 80 with 22 commas in the number. Not 22 digits long... 80 followed by a number with 22 commas

Get out man. Dont pick on the preggers gal.

I get the joke. Thats funny.

Thats a very sweet picture, that woman excited to see her man coming home and he so blown away to see his baby all giant in his ladies belly.

I love pregnant women. Not kinky, more like I love little babies. Its just beautiful. Like a sunrise.

Technically they're all her guns. ;)

She did a two gun comp with me in November. She's better than me. And she cooks real good.
I don’t believe you. No girl could be that beautiful, be a good shot and still be a good cook.

It’s too good to be true. I bet she can burn water but you don’t want to admit it.

Reactions: S_R and sled_mack
Last four are blank?

Working now...

Yeah man I noticed that earlier too. There is a minor glitch in the system that sometimes fail to register image links. After you post an image, refresh the page a couple of times. If the image is still there, it should be all right.

Also if you are on a slow Internet connection and is posting a pic via a link, wait for the image to completely load and resolve itself. If you are trying to copy the link and you are getting a paragraph-long string of numbers, chances are that link won't stick in your post. Once the image loads fully, you will get a reasonably sized link that should work on this board. I learned this over a couple of hours of experimenting.

In the days before antibiotics, the .22 short could kill you a few days or weeks after being shot

This was more extreme

View attachment 6993780

2mm bullet

View attachment 6993781
View attachment 6993782

NICE!!

Here is a few more examples of actual historical steampunk-y weapons:

P-08 Luger outfitted with early version of a tactical light. Wondering what the brass fittings on the handle are? As soon as someone picks up the gun, their hand makes contact with both of the metal parts, electrical current starts flowing and activates the light:

weird_gunslot1589.png

Apache "Knuckle duster" circa 1870-1890.
An exclusively Parisian phenomenon. Note: Has nothing to do with the southwestern Native American tribe. "Apache" is a common nickname associated with French gangsters and street hoodlums. Even up to the 1990's biker wars in Canada, the handle "Apache" can be seen on a lot of police profiles.

apache2.jpg

Folded up:
images

Savage-North Model 1861 .36 caliber percussion revolver. A partial double-action design, the main loop trigger advances the cylinder and cocks the hammer, while the smaller trigger fires the weapon. Only a few production models were made. They were carried by some Union naval officers during the war:

1861-Right.jpg

NICE!!

Here is a few more examples of actual historical steampunk-y weapons:

P-08 Luger outfitted with early version of a tactical light. Wondering what the brass fittings on the handle are? As soon as someone picks up the gun, their hand makes contact with both of the metal parts, electrical current starts flowing and activates the light:

weird_gunslot1589.png

Apache "Knuckle duster" circa 1870-1890.
An exclusively Parisian phenomenon. Note: Has nothing to do with the southwestern Native American tribe. "Apache" is a common nickname associated with French gangsters and street hoodlums. Even up to the 1990's biker wars in Canada, the handle "Apache" can be seen on a lot of police profiles.

apache2.jpg

Folded up:
images

Savage-North Model 1861 .36 caliber percussion revolver. A partial double-action design, the main loop trigger advances the cylinder and cocks the hammer, while the smaller trigger fires the weapon. Only a few production models were made. They were carried by some Union naval officers during the war:

1861-Right.jpg
Don't forget these curios.

511fdfe37a415d3e73c431afaa492754.jpg
c260a97f2c7cb1536378cd65a8dcb43e.jpg
b6ab3c328b81048a2a23871c012eda81.jpg
854x480_450677.jpg
22.jpg
DSC_1851.JPG

I know the names of all of those too. Starting from top to bottom: Duckfoot, Pepperbox, Ferguson, LeMat, and Colt Root.

Something is wrong with me.......NOT :ROFLMAO:
We are the type of people that other folks regard as odd. Yet when an emergency arises which results in a contest of arms we are the first ones they look to for salvation.

We are also art snobs when it comes to creations crafted from steel and wood.

We are the type of people that other folks regard as odd. Yet when an emergency arises which results in a contest of arms we are the first ones they look to for salvation.

We are also art snobs when it comes to creations crafted from steel and wood.

Man, my coworkers and friends always say that when the Zombies come or when there is an NBC apocalyptic attack, they are coming to my place :ROFLMAO:

And I consider the Remington 1858 and the M1911 to be examples of fine art. Functional art too. The thing with us gunnies is that we embrace a hobby that is easily translated into careers and survival skills ( I hold a NY Armed Guard license as well as my CDL so I can find a home in either department...Or both.)

Last edited:
I wonder if someone ever thought about producing a modern rendition of a duck foot pistol that is NOT another variant of a shotgun. Anyway, it's nice to dream.

Ignition would be a problem though. Duckfoot designs work well with flintlocks and caplocks because ignition occurs via a curved flame channel. When the hammer strikes the percussion cap, fire is sent down the cap cone, sometimes amplified by an additional charge dumped in the channel, where it then ignites the main charge in the chamber.

With modern cartridges, that would be an issue. How to direct the force of a hammer/striker right onto the primer of the round? Each chamber of a modern duckfoot would require it's own striking mechanism behind it and the gun would end up being massive, impractically massive.