• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

The artist called this picture-

I've lost my MFA diploma, but not the $327,238.22 in Sally Mae loans

1548179986115.png

bitch, they cannot accurately predict the weather 1 week from now, hell, they cannot accurately tell me the weather at the current moment...but AOC can predict the weather 12 years from now?
Maybe you're not LISTENING @mcameron! She's not predicting the weather. She's predicting the apocalypse unless we all become Communists, NOW!

While on an 82’ Cutter we met up with a DDG one night to transfer some stuff to shore from one of our narcotics detachments attached to the DDG, I went across in the RHI and climbed up the Jacobs ladder onto the DDG to get the bag. We were in maybe 15 foot seas and the BMC running the deck looked at me and said "Jesus F'ing Christ, I'm getting seasick just watching you guys". Pussies
I've been in 100'+ seas on a 560' CG staying in the navigable semi-circle and doing hurricane avoidance. I cant' remember what the height of the bridge was (I want to say 43'?), but in the troughs you were looking at a wall of water dwarfing the ship in every direction. The wave period was soo long that you barely felt any pitch or roll. Even in a ship that size it was straight up and then straight down.

I have more than a year of sea time (maybe two), and I've only been sea sick twice. Once was on a 40' fishing boat off Cape Hatteras in January, and the other was crossing the English Channel on a ferry in a storm. The Captain said it was the worst he's ever seen The Channel. I've seen it very bad in the North Sea too, but never bad enough to make me sick...just concerned.

Someone once said that if you have to tell everyone how smart you are then you aren't very intelligent.

They don't have a problem sticking their foot in their mouths because they think they are smarter than us. Look at the German High Command during WWII. Those guys had some really high IQs but they made some really stupid mistakes.

I don't mind saying that there are a lot of people much more intelligent than me. We can always learn something new and our greatest teachers might be someone who takes out the trash in the building we work in.

People like Chicken Little Cortez haven't figured that out yet. Her parents probably spoiled her rotten and constantly told her that she was the center of the universe.

Just like the Allied treatment of German High Command, it's probably best to let them think they are very intelligent so they keep making dumb mistakes.

That brand of arrogant condescension has been the hallmark of intellectualism in general and leftist intellectualism in particular since the very beginning. As somebody else said, best to just get out of their way and let them further disconnect with reality and everyone else in the process.

Maybe you're not LISTENING @mcameron! She's not predicting the weather. She's predicting the apocalypse unless we all become Communists, NOW!
i mean frankly no ones told me whats so wrong with global warming anyways....

from what i understand, the temperatures are going to rise...and so are the water levels.......how is that a bad thing?

im about 30 miles inland in the frozen north.......if i can turn that into a tropical beach front.....fuckin sign me up

hell, im off to fill my burn pit with old tires if thats the case....lets speed this bitch up.

I've been in 100'+ seas on a 560' CG staying in the navigable semi-circle and doing hurricane avoidance. I cant' remember what the height of the bridge was (I want to say 43'?), but in the troughs you were looking at a wall of water dwarfing the ship in every direction. The wave period was soo long that you barely felt any pitch or roll. Even in a ship that size it was straight up and then straight down.

I have more than a year of sea time (maybe two), and I've only been sea sick twice. Once was on a 40' fishing boat off Cape Hatteras in January, and the other was crossing the English Channel on a ferry in a storm. The Captain said it was the worst he's ever seen The Channel. I've seen it very bad in the North Sea too, but never bad enough to make me sick...just concerned.
My first cutter was 213', our first patrol to the Bering sea started in late November and the light on top of the Jackstaff was 40' off the water in port. I was on the helm one day and the QMOW says "oh holy shit!" and I asked him what was wrong and he told me to look at the barometer, if you stared at the barometer you could see the needle dropping, QMOW goes to the radio room to get an updated weather fax and there is a big fucking storm coming down off of the pole and headed straight for us and we were too far north of the Aleutians to run for cover so all we can do is keep the pointy end pointed into the seas and ride it out. our anemometer (wind gauge for you non sailor types) pegged out at 130mph and the needle bounced off of the peg for 18 hours and didn't drop below 100mph for 24. There were times that the light on top of the Jackstaff was so far underwater that all you could see was a glow as the wave rolled over us, there were times that light was so far under that we couldn't even see a glow. The bridge windows were 2" thick laminated glass 100' back from the bow and 40' up and there was so much green water hitting the windows that they were creaking and popping in their frames. I've met most of the old timers on Deadliest Catch because back in the '90s we boarded them all, I don't even like to see those seas on TV.

Back to motivation

1548190915838.png

1548191286347.png

Not saying that there was any collusion going on... but why would these folks be meeting with a guy who took $100 million dollars from El Chapo???

Background... Springtime, 2016, Mexico... with freshly made millionaire President Nieto, we find then House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, Rep. Henry Cuellar, Texas's 28th congressional district (San Antonio) and Rep. Beto O'Rourke Texas's 16th congressional district (El Paso) canoodling with another country's corrupt President...

"birds of a feather"? What is going on behind our backs!

Russian collusion my ass... what about Mexican collusion??

Cheers,

Sirhr

View attachment 7009726

Not saying that there was any collusion going on... but why would these folks be meeting with a guy who took $100 million dollars from El Chapo???

Background... Springtime, 2016, Mexico... with freshly made millionaire President Nieto, we find then House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, Rep. Henry Cuellar, Texas's 28th congressional district (San Antonio) and Rep. Beto O'Rourke Texas's 16th congressional district (El Paso) canoodling with another country's corrupt President...

"birds of a feather"? What is going on behind our backs!

Russian collusion my ass... what about Mexican collusion??

Cheers,

Sirhr
Rabbit hole of weird. I don't know what to think of it:
https://twitter.com/realJeffreyP

Reactions: sjstill
I've been in 100'+ seas.

Rough seas are no joke and in my 24 year Navy career, I had my share of rough water. With that said, taking the USS Independence around the horn in 1988 had to be the worst trip i ever had. 110+ foot seas that would wash over the flight deck. Stripped all of the life rafts off the sides and bent most of the catwalks up against the side of the ship. Maybe someone else here also took that trip and can remember what a PITA that trip was as well. We also took two newly commissioned frigates with us that wound up going right back in the yards for repairs when we arrived in San Diego.

One of the things on my bucket list is to sail (as in with cloth in the air) around the horn. I did the equator, the date line (many times) and the Panama Canal on my subs.

In '85 or '86 my sub got run out of Hong Kong by a Typhoon. It is a 12 hour surface run to get to the 100 fathom curve where we can dive. We were navigating by periscope with the bridge sealed, they were getting 70 to 100 foot depth transients in control. Folks, a sub is round like a turd with a book of matches on top. Those bad boys roll and roll bad. Pretty much the entire crew was puking into trash bags. I went by the ops upper level head and there were heels sticking out from under every door in there, and it stank.

Did a transit from Subic to Hong Kong on the USNS Catawba (seagoing tug) in January once. South China Sea in Jan was pretty bad. Not the giant walls, but we were getting 22ft seas on the Stbd quarter for 3 days. It was pretty bad.

i mean frankly no ones told me whats so wrong with global warming anyways....

from what i understand, the temperatures are going to rise...and so are the water levels.......how is that a bad thing?

im about 30 miles inland in the frozen north.......if i can turn that into a tropical beach front.....fuckin sign me up

hell, im off to fill my burn pit with old tires if thats the case....lets speed this bitch up.

I tell the snowflake I work with that very thing all the time.
"So instead of driving 500 miles to do some decent surf fishing, I'll only have a couple hundred? Awesome!"

Honestly, if she didn't feel the need to "efucate" me, we wouldn't have those conversations.

I'm in the environmental field, so I've dealt with these shallow thinkers for a long time.

Global warming brought us out of the dark ages, or the mini ice age that was then occurring.
The saddest thing I've seen so far, is how many people I've personally asked this question, have got it wrong:
"Fill a glass full to the brim with water and ice, so that the ice extends above the rim. Let this melt.
Does the water level overflow the glass?"

I feel like I'm looking at me when I was 4. Remember the television show, "The Rebel," with Nick Adams?

My parents use to call me the "Rebel" because I was born in Georgia when my Father was stationed there. About a couple years later we went overseas then went up north.

BTW, both of my parents were northerners. Nevertheless, they still called me the Rebel. I couldn't wait to watch that show every week when it came on.

Fortunately, there are quite a few episodes of that show on YouTube.

This sh%$ is why we need to stay armed...

View attachment 7009867

Because leftist twats are just plain violent.

Sirhr
This is how they act when we are armed to the teeth...... imagine how they’d act if they knew there were no repercussions.

A kid standing there doing nothing means he deserves to be shot......they literally wouldn’t hesistate to round us up and put us in death camps if they knew they had the chance