• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

7o1zzrg.gif

Rough estimate: If every single member of the successive British royal family lines starting with the Wessex (Anglo-Saxon) kings represent a station stop on a New York City Transit subway line, give or take 2-5 minutes between each stop, with no stations skipped, the journey from the time of the first Wessex king Alfred The Great right down to present day Charles III would be the equivalent of taking the D line, running full weekend local service from Norwood 205th Street in the Bronx down to Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue, then transferring to a hypothetical shuttle line going over the Verrazano Bridge into Staten Island,

Then transfer to the Staten Island Railway and riding it all the way to end of the line before transferring again to another hypothetical shuttle service to New Jersey traveling northwest,

And finally boarding a Bay Head Branch NJ Transit train at Newark-Penn and going through every stop down to Point Pleasant Beach. And at this point, we have only reached the first Georgian period of the monarchy...

To continue, we will have to take ANOTHER hypothetical light rail connecting shuttle from Point Pleasant Beach to Atlantic City where we board the independant Atlantic City line traversing NJ westward and finally ending the journey at the 30th Street Terminal in Philadelphia, PA... The entire journey, counting in an average of 10 minute wait time at every point we have to switch between main line to shuttle, and to a new line, will take approximately 5 hours and 45 minutes... Oh wait, make that 5 hours and 55 minutes because the transition between Wessex and Norman marks a major change, so let that be represented by having to get off the D at 125th Street in Harlem, Manhattan, because the train is being taken out of service due to a mechanical problem and waiting for the following D train behind that one...

The Incredible Journey.

Alfred-tree.jpg

Reminds me of a story my uncle used to tell. In the 60s my uncle had a souped up Beetle and like to race. He did well, until another Beetle pulled up and the drive wanted to run. My uncle got his ass handed to him. He said it was like racing a strong V8 Mustang, or Camaro. They both stopped to chat and the other driver revealed he had a hot 911 engine in his Beetle and like to race the Camaros and Mustangs for cash and usually won. Not all is as it appears, I guess.

Last edited: