• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

I’ll say one thing, they’re not bad at the PR game

FDA24FD7-83E8-4E1F-817D-852AC7BD8246.jpeg

B88737AB-DE38-4997-B71C-543AD7E288A6.jpeg

DCA04347-1327-44D1-947D-666B8F5D45A9.jpeg

Well, master sergeant the truth of the matter is it’s a lot less expensive to drive an EV if you could acquire it for the same price as any other vehicle.

It’s got nothing to do with if it might or might not be better for the environment, etc. The operational costs of the vehicle are a lot less money over to life the car: you don’t pay for oil changes because you don’t need to do it, you don’t put gasoline in the car because you don’t need it, electricity is anywhere from a quarter of the cost per month to a 10th of the cost depending on the cost of gasoline…

yeah, a bunch of assholes here on the forum are gonna flame me because they don’t like electric cars… Or they associate them with Nazifornia, etc… etc… but I’ve done the math and I’ve been driving one for four years.

We’ve got one gas guzzler and one EV. When it was costing 100 bucks to fill up our SUV… I was charging nightly at home and it was costing me 40 bucks a month for a 72 mile round-trip every day (1440 mi/month). The same amount of fuel at the current prices in Maryland is $256 in gas, roughly 6.5 times less expensive to drive the EV.

if you buy an EV for $40k…. It’s a winner if you’re not driving long halls. At which point you have to consider stops for charging along the way in 15min charging increments, which will cost you some time… but we’re talking real money here and we’re talking saving enough money that you’re actually able to make car payment if you want to buy more expensive vehicle.
Fuck your electric vehicles

tumblr_5a173fbc124bdf53cf7aa0748cdb8a1e_9a37e8d5_1280.jpg

How big of a fifth wheel can you pull with a standard fossil sedan or compact SUV?
If you want to compare, at least compare similar class vehicles.

Now when the Cyber Truck comes out then we can talk about fifth wheel hauling
(I'm betting it will beat the F150 Electric truck easily).
I agree…. But honestly, I want the F150 Lightning. …but I have to save my Pennies.

I currently reside in Marylandistan, work is 13 miles each way...so even with a 2 door Jeep, it's less than $6/day to go back and forth to work. It doesn't really get that cold here, -40ºF this time of year is one of the reasons I didn't move back to South Dakota after I retired. Our utility bill is double what it was a year ago...I'll keep the Jeep and the Harley...you can have the EV.

The equivalent cost to charge the car for 26 miles a day is .75 cents.

That’s ~$120 for gas vs $15 for charging (at home) / $25 at a Super Charger per month.

That’s a savings of $1200-$1300 a year. …or two car payments.

….or a hell of a time at a strip club.
….or taking the wife unit out of a nice weekend.
….or buying 11 cases of 12 ga shells.
….or 2-3 car payments.

3329109A-98D2-4680-8F01-4736F222F1E3.jpeg

Last edited:
All my vehicles are paid for. I can buy a lot of gas, even at the current price, for the price of an EV and charging.

That’s ~$120 for gas vs $15 for charging (at home) / $25 at a Super Charger per month.

….or 2-3 car payments.

View attachment 8050815
I can take the $60K and buy ammo

What’s it cost when the batteries need to be swapped? I don’t think that is really factored in to the cost of ownership?

Had a buddy who’s wife had a Prius (she bought new). At the last service, they said she should start thinking about getting her batteries replaced. My buddy said it would have been around $8k for the swap.

No clue what the cost is for Teslas and other EV’s, but I was pretty shocked at the hybrid battery cost.

What’s it cost when the batteries need to be swapped? I don’t think that is really factored in to the cost of ownership?

Had a buddy who’s wife had a Prius (she bought new). At the last service, they said she should start thinking about getting her batteries replaced. My buddy said it would have been around $8k for the swap.

No clue what the cost is for Teslas and other EV’s, but I was pretty shocked at the hybrid battery cost.
If you go to the dealer and have the battery in your Prius replaced, it’ll cost you $8000.

If you go to an aftermarket shop, you’ll get a battery that 95% as good and it will cost you $2000.

There are lots of aftermarket battery replacements for any of the Toyota hybrids. Typically they get about 200,000 out of the batteries if they drive the car every day. If they don’t drive the car every day and put very little mileage on the car, it tends to kill the batteries, faster believe it or not.

I rebuilt a Toyota Camry battery pack for a friend of ours and it cost about $300 in parts. She got another 75,000 out of it for getting rid of the car…..

The bigger question I have related to the lithium ion battery packs is not how long they last… Because they last for about 500,000 miles at 90% capacity… but the question is when it comes time to get rid of the car are they going to consider the battery packs to be toxic waste similar to solar panels?

At which point are you going to have to pay to dispose of the car?

still, it’s a lot of fun and it’s been saving me a fair amount of money….

Reactions: BigPoppaHugeTime

….or 2-3 car payments.
Oh, you've returned to EV cock gobbling...reaching for ignore button.