• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1674332919_17.gif

My youngest Son. 18. Graduated from Electrical Lineman school. Helped him move to Victoria, TX. He starts this Monday with a local CoOp. Good kid. Despite how I raised him (tough). Has a good head on his shoulders. I sure as sh*t wish I knew that I wanted to do at 18 like this kid / young man. Motivational for me. He is the fourth of our 6 kids (married approaching 31 years). If you feel it, lift this Kid up in thoughts. He has been my hunting buddy since I had to carry him up the muddy hill as his boots were too heavy for him to walk. "Fast forward' several years - he is lending me a hand as my old body cannot make it up the same hill. Before I new it, I guess I had passed the baton so to speak to him. God Bless those that CAN and WILL bust their a$$ for others.
Retired Electrical Lineman here. It was a good living and a good career. Tell your Son Congratulations for his accomplishment and Congratulations to you for being a successful parent! Tell your Son to latch onto some old guy thats respected and try to learn from him while he's still there.

I retired after 36 years working for the COOP in that same area. My wife asked me if I miss it, I do miss the feeling of accomplishment after busting your ass all night and restoring the service closing in the feeder and seeing the lights come on across the country side.
Yeah, I miss it too! Retired after nearly 35 years. Yes, its a good feeling when you're out on a dark country road and close a switch in and see lights come on across the field after working several hours in whatever kind of weather. I never wake up at night during a storm that I don't whisper a prayer for those still out in it.

I thoroughly enjoyed this.
Keep an eye out for the guy in the light colors jeans and white sweatshirt. I had to watch twice to see where he came from. His “test” is the best part.

Had to make sure it was heavy enough to hit a motherfucker with. 😂