• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

CATI.png

1. My longest non stop flight was from Coronado to Manama Bahrain.
2. While working in the bay there, one night there was a terrible storm. We had to get from the mouth of the bay, to the dock, about 6 miles away. You couldn’t see land, you could only see the next buoy light, but only when you were at the top of a swell. 3am, blinding rain, and we took a 14’ wave over the bow of a 22’ Boston Whaler. The Whaler had a diver door cutout (a 6’ section of side wall on the boat is removed) so when the wave broke over us and knocked us all down, the water was going out the side door and trying to take us with it. There were three of us in the boat, and everybody was grabbing everybody else and trying to hang on so nobody went out of the boat. We got up, and got her going and made it into the dock. It was odd, me and one of the guys pretty much hated each other’s guts, but after that night, we got along ok.

I've seen this picture 100 times and always assumed it was an AI. Certainly an AI bolt handle and magnum muzzle break.

I clamped my scope mount on 15 years ago and never removed it, but I think the recess holes are for the old school factory AI scope mount. This was right around the time they introduced, and ultimately switched to, the picatinny rail on the action.

ETA: The more I think about it, I'm thinking of the Blaser LRS mount. It clamps into four little recessed tabs in the barrel. My AWSM is definitely pre-picatinny, but you're right. I don't think it has those holes. I'll have to dig it out later.

Pretty sure the cause was a plugged barrel. But owning a .338LM fluted barrel, and AI discontinuing the fluted barrels for an undisclosed reason, makes me a little nervous.
The flutes were discontinued because AI did testing and found that the groups not only opened up with a hot barrel as it does with thicker barrels.

But they found it randomly wandered as well

There is a article they put out years ago

anyone know what action is that?

the 2 holes up top are throwing me off
IIRC that is a Steyr

ETA:
@Mister Ridge called it, is an AI AW50, can see the AI metal flats for QD hooks and the green plastic on the ground. There is a nearly identical photo of a fluted Steyr failing the same way out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redhook and brianf