• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

It was always some higher AF approval for a photo shoot, I really don’t remember from were.

We carried and dropped live all the time. No one cared about that.

At one time flying live tac missiles was common place. I don't remember when it ended, but there was something about an inadvertent launch. IDK. Memory is too fuzzy.

Gunships never carried anything with blue markings.

Other than the photo shoots, we only carried live when we were going to drop / fire them. We had captive versions of the missiles for training.

I still remember the shit I caught for jettisoning a TER with a live hung CBU. I can only imagine what they would’ve said if I had to eject a HARM.

Reactions: Barneybdb
1691080950561.png

Difficult to see on my phone/old eyes. The Shrike is of the same generation as the F4.

From what I can see those are mockups...or maybe captives.
If you look at the plane second from the bottom, you can clearly see the yellow band up near the nose on the 88, compared to the lawn darts carrying missiles with blue bands.

If you look at the plane second from the bottom, you can clearly see the yellow band up near the nose on the 88, compared to the lawn darts carrying missiles with blue bands.

Congrats. Your eyes are better than mine. All live warheads have yellow bands.