• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1696194949597.png

My grandma would take a cleaned coon and rub it down with salt, paint it yellow with mustard(literally), place it in a cast iron dutch oven, cover it with sliced onion, crush up several dried cayenne peppers on it, place several sweet potatoes around it, and slow bake it for hours in the oven of a wood stove while occasionally basting it with a homemade vinegar sauce till it was falling off the bone.
Did the same with possums.
Yeah, I've ate possums too, and fox.. and bobcat... and snapping turtle... bullfrogs... gar fish... eels.... alligator, armadillo, crow and most everything else that walks, crawls, flys, or swims that looks like it might be good fried, stewed or barbecued.....

You sound Cajun. 🤣

Seriously you've eatin coon?
Coon smoked in hickory or pecan branches. Make a roux, drop some onions, garlic, red potatoes, etc., and cook in covered pot till meat falling off bones.

Hardest part in delicately removing the musk glands and removing the head. Hit or leave those glands in - you'll know it soon enough.

Last edited:
My grandma would take a cleaned coon and rub it down with salt, paint it yellow with mustard(literally), place it in a cast iron dutch oven, cover it with sliced onion, crush up several dried cayenne peppers on it, place several sweet potatoes around it, and slow bake it for hours in the oven of a wood stove while occasionally basting it with a homemade vinegar sauce till it was falling off the bone.
Did the same with possums.
Yeah, I've ate possums too, and fox.. and bobcat... and snapping turtle... bullfrogs... gar fish... eels.... alligator, armadillo, crow and most everything else that walks, crawls, flys, or swims that looks like it might be good fried, stewed or barbecued.....
Armadillo? Leprosy not a thing with them? I’ve got a buddy who tells me to stay away from them.

Reactions: BKSSNIPER