• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1696214153863.png

Guy that worked for me in SW LA passed out Havaheart traps to all the people around the plant to catch coons in their barns. They would call him and he would stop after work to collect. He was headed to Chicago to visit for a holiday and he hauled an ice chest full of frozen coon to BBQ. They went wild over it. Wanted him to ship them coon when he got home.

There use to be a restaurant west of Beaumont built over/along a bayou. There were coons all over the outside window sills wanting scraps from people. Several times a night one would fall in the bayou and feed the alligators. People got upset over the "poor coon".

Armadillo? Leprosy not a thing with them? I’ve got a buddy who tells me to stay away from them.
It is I suppose, but the overall risk of catching it is very low as most humans are immune to leprosy and most armadillos don't carry it to begin with.
Do you or your buddy ever hunt deer, or hogs or bears ect, or go fishing or work cattle?
Y'all should look up the zoonotic diseases associated with them sometimes.

Last edited:

Would you know where along the Alaska Railroad route this pic was shot (i.e. North or South of Anchorage)? I've traveled the entire route North of Anchorage to Fairbanks, stopping at Denali National Park, twice. I remember the 2nd time I rode it, they were still using dual SD-40s, but the conductor told me they were going to a single MAC-70. Apparently so, per the above.

Reactions: lash