• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1699685994338.png

These are old! Johnny Carson did a bit with these on one of the Tonight Show episodes. I remember sticking these on cars when I was a kid in Elementary School. In fact, not only that, but I recall printing them on my High School's offset printer as a project in my "Graphic Arts" class.

Wow! Graphic Arts class! One of my best High School memories (I didn't care for Wood Shop). The fellowship we had with both the teacher (who doubled as one of the HS's Football coaches) and the other students could rival some of those in the Military. It was a complex process to bring something from a design concept to the printed page, but the highlight of it was being able to operate the school's AB Dick 360 CD (Chain Delivery) offset printer.

ab_dick_360_cd_printing_press_09211703405810.59dbbabcb1918.jpg

I could run that thing today, if presented with a working one. It was just like riding a bike. It had a rhythm to it when you turned on the Motor Drive. There were kids in the class that used to "dance" to it. :ROFLMAO: The paper feeder (on the right side of this view) had a vacuum bar with "sucker feet" on it You could turn on the "Vacuum Pump" (independently of the motor drive) and it would create suction in that vacuum bar. When you pulled the lever to begin "feeding" paper, the vacuum bar would lower and the sucker feet would grab one sheet of paper and feed it through. It would go through the blanket and impression cylinders and out the other side where a set of catches on a chain would pull the paper out and drop it on the end tray (on the left). Hence, the term "Chain Delivery" or CD. I got good enough in class to do "Duo tone" pictorial images (2 colors). Didn't make it to "four color separation" (i.e. "color pictures") but it was possible.

Good times.

Last edited:
These are old! Johnny Carson did a bit with these on one of the Tonight Show episodes. I remember sticking these on cars when I was a kid in Elementary School. In fact, not only that, but I recall printing them on my High School's offset printer as a project in my "Graphic Arts" class.

Wow! Graphic Arts class! One of my best High School memories (I didn't care for Wood Shop). The fellowship we had with both the teacher (who doubled as one of the HS's Football coaches) and the other students could rival some of those in the Military. It was a complex process to bring something from a design concept to the printed page, but the highlight of it was being able to operate the school's AB Dick 360 CD (Chain Delivery) offset printer.

ab_dick_360_cd_printing_press_09211703405810.59dbbabcb1918.jpg

I could run that thing today, if presented with a working one. It was just like riding a bike. It had a rhythm to it when you turned on the Motor Drive. There were kids in the class that used to "dance" to it. :ROFLMAO: The paper feeder (on the right side of this view) had a vacuum bar with "sucker feet" on it You could turn on the "Vacuum Pump" (independently of the motor drive) and it would create suction in that vacuum bar. When you pulled the lever to begin "feeding" paper, the vacuum bar would lower and the sucker feet would grab one sheet of paper and feed it through. It would go through the blanket and impression cylinders and out the other side where a set of catches on a chain would pull the paper out and drop it on the end tray (on the left). Hence, the term "Chain Delivery" or CD. I got good enough in class to do "Duo tone" pictorial images (2 colors). Didn't make it to "four color separation" (i.e. "color pictures") but it was possible.

Good times.
We printed counterfeit concert tickets with that printing press in our class..... as an introduction to capitalism and free enterprise, then eventually leading to our introduction to law enforcement when half the students in our school ended up with tickets to the same seat at the coliseum.

This guy understand the pain of having to shut water off to the entire house for one leaky faucet. My rule: Never start a plumbing project after 4pm! Make sure you have time for 3 trips to the hardware store!

He should have tied the manifold into the drain line on the water heater. Right now, hes got 5 minute wait for hot water.

We printed counterfeit concert tickets with that printing press in our class..... as an introduction to capitalism and free enterprise, then eventually leading to our introduction to law enforcement when half the students in our school ended up with tickets to the same seat at the coliseum.

Yeah, "Coach" would have "broken my face" (as he liked to say) if I had ever done something like that. Imagine a blond haired "Luca Brazzi" but slightly shorter... o_O

BTW, a quick view of a 360 CD at work. It's a shame most are in horrible condition these days.

Happy Veterans Day, thank you for your service.
View attachment 8269807
In my day, That Shit would have earned a fellow three hots and a cot for probably 20 years or so at the lovely environs of Leavenworth, Kansas. There’s no room for a queer in a foxhole.