• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Image 45.jpeg

List did a replacement battery pack under warranty on a Benz EQS few weeks ago….. please return your seats to their upright position and tighten all safety belts…..

That’s just the retail cost only, can’t show the dealer internal stuff.
I believe it, love my Benz but the maintenance can be ridiculous. They recently gave me a $1500 voucher towards service. I told them to change the oil and service all the filters- including the fuel filter, and replace the battery. It was $1900.

From Facebook!
View attachment 8296371
This is a Tesla model Y battery. It takes up all of the space under the passenger compartment of the car.

To manufacture it you need:
--12 tons of rock for Lithium (can also be
extracted from sea water)
-- 5 tons of cobalt minerals (Most cobalt is made
as a byproduct of the processing of copper
and nickel ores. It is the most difficult material
to obtain for a battery and the most
expensive.)
-- 3 tons nickel ore
-- 12 tons of copper ore

You must move 250 tons of soil to obtain:
-- 26.5 pounds of Lithium
-- 30 pounds of nickel
-- 48.5 pounds of manganese
-- 15 pounds of cobalt

To manufacture the battery also requires:
-- 441 pounds of aluminum, steel and/or plastic
-- 112 pounds of graphite

The Caterpillar 994A is used for the earthmoving to obtain the essential minerals. It consumes 264 gallons of diesel in 12 hours.

Finally you get a “zero emissions” car.

Presently, the bulk of the necessary minerals for manufacturing the batteries come from China or Africa. Much of the labor for getting the minerals in Africa is done by children! If we buy electric cars, it's China who profits most!

BTW, this 2021 Tesla Model Y OEM battery (the cheapest Tesla battery) is currently for sale on the Internet for $4,999 not including shipping or installation. The battery weighs 1,000 pounds (you can imagine the shipping cost). The cost of Tesla batteries is:

Model 3 -- $14,000+ (Car MSRP $38,990)
Model Y -- $5,000–$5,500 (Car MSRP $47,740)
Model S -- $13,000–$20,000 (Car MSRP $74,990)
Model X -- $13,000+ (Car MSRP $79,990)

It takes SEVEN years for an electric car to reach net-zero CO2. The life expectancy of the batteries is 10 years (average). Only in the last three years do you begin to reduce your carbon footprint. Then the batteries have to be replaced and you lose all the gains you made in those three years.

The truth is far better than the fiction we are all being told !
We have the technology. We can rebuild them

1702617249786.jpeg

I believe it, love my Benz but the maintenance can be ridiculous. They recently gave me a $1500 voucher towards service. I told them to change the oil and service all the filters- including the fuel filter, and replace the battery. It was $1900.
MB batteries are stupid expensive

Firebird is bad ass!! Back in the day we had the Nitro Nationals In Red Bluff CA. Top Fuel Hydro and Blown Alcohol was was amazing!!
In Red Bluff ?
I know that area extremely well having owned a few acres nearby.
The Sacramento river isn't big enough to race on there....?
Maybe Lake Almanor (which is what...30-40 miles east or so ?) ?

Back in the dark ages (90s-early 2000s) we tested indy cars at Firebird in the winter. Used to listen to the drag boats making noises like nuclear explosions as they did test runs too. I was always amazed they could stop in time to avoid the beach at the south end....

Frank

You pulled a water skier at 170?
Pics please. :)))
Do you even have a remote idea of what's going on inside a boat at that speed ?
"Oh, dude, sit still and smile for the picture OK ?"
Yea, right.

Here's a pic of the Skater cat at speed taken from a helicopter that was unable to get a clear pic because he was tapped out at full throttle.
If you want clear pics you get them from shore....and that's not where you'll find me.
Note the dual F16 fighter jet canopies, yes that is where they come from.

craig.jpg

Reactions: brianf and lash
Do you even have a remote idea of what's going on inside a boat at that speed ?
"Oh, dude, sit still and smile for the picture OK ?"
Yea, right.

Here's a pic of the Skater cat at speed taken from a helicopter that was unable to get a clear pic because he was tapped out at full throttle.
If you want clear pics you get them from shore....and that's not where you'll find me.
Note the dual F16 fighter jet canopies, yes that is where they come from.

View attachment 8296900
Puuleaseee.
Do you know what cameras can do these days? They are faster than botes. They can stop 170mph in a nano second, and get a clear pikture and they have these things, telo-foto lenses, they are AMAZING.
I know a thing or two about botes.
IF, some person was doing 170mph, behind some bote, you bet your sweet azz someone would be talking a pikture of it.
You call the GOM a puddle and yet you bote on rivers and Inland Lakes.
Go git in your Skater, drop a line off the stern (That's the back of the bote to you) and troll for some carp somewheres else.
BTW, I will hold your beer and watch whilst you are towing that skier at 170mph, on a river.