• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1702879078493.png

Bicycle riding is a lot like flying when you're bombing down a mountain. It's a lot like effing work trying to get UP said mountain.

So there we were... buddy of mine and I were at *just* about the crest of Mt Vesuvius outside Charlottesville when a guy 2-up on a Hardley HAS to pass us. He hammered on the throttle to the corner then grabbed fistfuls of brakes. My buddy and I were on knobby tires at the end of a several (3? 4? I forget) hour ride at that point when we ended up on this guy's rear fender in the bend. We were pedaling relatively hard, but not all out.

Gets out of the 'tiptoe around the corner' zone and hammers on the throttle again. Right until the next corner when he grabs fistfuls of brake to tiptoe around the corner. Where my buddy and I end up on his fender again. ...and again. ...and again.

That lasted the whole way down Mt Vesuvius till he hit the last corner and hammered on the throttle again.

Had a similar situation happen on the Tail of the Dragon one moto trip. Riding to a buddy's house on the other side of TN when I figured I'd make a 'long cut' across the Tail of the Dragon.' I'm on my BMW GS-Adv and catch up to a gaggle of Hardleys. They're HAMMERING into the straight and grabbing fistfuls of brake in the corners, slowing WAY down to tiptoe to the exit of the corner where they HAMMER on the throttle... I was hoping there was a passing zone, so I tried to stay close the first few corners. Nope. They did the same thing all 318 corners over the 11mi so after those first few corners I stuck it in 3rd and rolled on gently and rolled off gently and caught up to them EVERY corner.

I've been caught behind more than one gaggle of Hardleys over the years. They're much more frustrating than being caught behind cyclists. The cyclists you can get past relatively quickly. Gaggles of Hardleys? You're stuck following them at 5-10 under the speed limit for miles and miles. Nope. I'd rather meet a group of cyclists on the road any time.

M
Semis passing on the interstate at 70mph are equally obnoxious. Get 70 cars lined up while they take 20 miles to pass two trucks going 2 mph slower than them.

Semis passing on the interstate at 70mph are equally obnoxious. Get 70 cars lined up while they take 20 miles to pass two trucks going 2 mph slower than them.
which leads to impatient SOBs jamming up the right lane then forcing their way in to the left lane string of cars, making things worse.

...but they 'got ahead' so they're happy

M

I had a friend with border mix we found dumped. She would smile like that at people she liked. She would also show teeth at people she didn't and it was easy to tell which was which.
My Chocolate would say "I love you" to some people and "Fuck You" to others (clearly enunciated) and when asked, I would say he said "Thank You" They knew what he said.

BYAF6398.JPEG