• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Image 76.jpg

Tesla has factories all over the place at this point. They are huge.

I think they’re building one in Mexico, they’ve got two in the United States, one in Germany, at least one in China, and they’re building a bunch of other facilities, including a plant to recycle the batteries from the cars. (They are making huge investments in Texas, once they solve their solid-state battery technology, EV’s will actually be practical...) they are even moving in the direction of being able to reduce a vehicle that does not cost lots of money… getting the price down to the cost of a Toyota Camry for example.

It’s a pretty wild operation and frankly, regardless of what anybody who is anti-EV thinks, they are leaps and bounds more advanced than traditional automotive companies. Which is why a lot of those companies are in the process of working out licensing agreements with Tesla.

Well, I have a Tesla model Y, I have huge issues with the government trying to tell everybody what to do… more of the point I happen to know my car is absolutely not practical if you live out in the middle of nowhere or you have to deal with cold environments. That being said, things are going to change once Toyota starts putting out their solid state batteries. basically, for the same volume and weight you end up with a 700 mile range in the vehicle I currently own. The real question is what happens to energy generation capabilities between now and then; Nobody wants windmills in their backyard, the use of solar panels is a great idea, but what do you do with that at the end of their 20 year life cycle, etc.
What are they licensing? Elon said all of Tesla's stuff was open source. He wants somebody to use it to make it better.

Reactions: lash

Cool beans.

But whenever I see one now it reminds me of my departed friend. He said when he'd first got to Vietnam, when he flew out to his unit in the field, the very first thing that happened when he got off the chopper, someone came up to him, took his rifle and handed the FNG (him) the M79 and the grenades. He said he carried it around for a few days until their first enemy contact. He said... "Afterwards I found the guy and told him I'd kill him if he didn't give me my rifle back. You don't want a single shot in a fire fight." :)

I miss him.