• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Image 119.jpg

I don't know about this particular situation, but I know that at the end of their careers, -141's had serious wing box problems and many had TCTO's limiting the weight that could be put on the plane.

I have my own story that's too long to tell here.
Yep, flew them for most of my career…. The wing box issue was fixed with boron-epoxy patches that were actually stronger than the airframe. We also had the corrosion issues around the cockpit windows that limited us to something like 10 or so PSID (honestly don’t recall the number), so we were restricted to low 20Kish MSL for awhile…sucked.

Pic thread rules: I don't think this pic’s from the flight I was on, but flew this photo op sortie several times in the 8 years I was at McChord:

near_mt_rainier3.jpg

Memphis Air Guard wing, early 2000's. I don't remember the full explanation; overloaded wing spar, I think. Fueled it prior to takeoff, and CRRRAAAACK. Saw it that morning while driving my wife to her job at Northwest Airlines at the time... It sat there for a week or two while the investigations were happening; you could see it from the interstate.

Edit - here's the skinny: https://aerospaceweb.org/aircraft/transport-m/c141/pics02.shtml