• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1707026839551.gif

On March 23, 1966, during what is now referred to as the Palomares incident, a B-52 bomber carrying four hydrogen bombs collided with a refueling tanker in Spain, resulting in one of its nuclear weapons plunging into the sea.During the U.S. Navy salvage team's efforts to retrieve the bomb, the towing line snapped, propelling a heavy steel pipe towards the team. In a remarkable display of heroism, diver Carl Brashear shielded his fellow team members by deliberately placing himself in the path of the pipe, sustaining an injury to his leg.Despite the harrowing ordeal, Brashear not only survived but also achieved recertification as a master diver, despite having his leg amputated. This remarkable feat made him the first amputee diver in Navy history.Brashear was motivated by his beliefs, saying "It's not a sin to get knocked down; it's a sin to stay down" and "I ain't going to let nobody steal my dream."In recognition of his role in recovering the bomb, Brashear was subsequently honored with the Navy and Marine Corps Medal, the highest navy award for non-combat heroism.
View attachment 8340253
That would make a great movie

That would make a great movie
Sgt Robert Hughes served as the Dive NCO for First Force Recon Company during 1967 to 1968. Leading dive teams and maintaining the unit's scuba equipment were his primary duties. Called a "gentle giant" by Marines who served with him, Hughes was large and powerful, towering over many of his peers. The "gentle" side of his personality disappeared, however, in the face of innumerable threats as he donned his gear and submerged in the water.

On one dive mission, Sgt Hughes was tasked with locating an underwater tunnel. Searching through the murky dark, Hughes felt his way along a bank with one hand, Kabar ready in the other. He located what appeared to be the tunnel entrance, and suddenly an enemy diver shot out of the hole.

As the combatants locked onto each other, Hughes caught a glint of light from the blade of the enemy diver's dagger. Instinctively, he reached out and grabbed the wrist of the diver's knife-wielding hand, simultaneously stabbing with his own Kabar. The NVA diver mirrored Hughes, latching onto the Marine's knife hand while continuing to try to drive his own blade home.

Submerged and grappling with limited visibility, Hughes fought for an advantage. After what seemed like an eternity, he found it. Hughes wrapped his legs around his enemy and pulled him in close. Spitting out his regulator, Hughes lunged forward and bit into the diver's throat, ripping it out. The diver released his grip and Hughes finished the fight.

Sgt Hughes became the subject of several dive mission stories. He had at least 2 confirmed kills under water. Many other Marines braved the waters of Vietnam as well. To arm themselves, divers kept their Kabars close. Some Marines even carried privately purchased revolvers. Standard issue pistols were useless in submerged combat, but a revolver still operated. Stories surfaced of underwater gun battles, knife fights, and other horrors potentially awaiting Marines as they dove.

“There was no one I would rather have as security underwater than Sgt Hughes,” remembered one Marine who served with him.

Read more about Robert Hughes and combat diving on the blog. https://bzohistory.com/robert-hughes/

1707032861802.png

View attachment 8340527

Yes, I realise that is not a Tesla.
No, that doesn’t work work. More than likely, you’ll just piss off the driver and he’ll cut you off / run you off the road. Ask me how I know…

The nice thing about having a Tesla is that you have one of the fastest cars on the road. Even though most Tesla drivers are absolute pussies, when someone intentionally does something you can ruin their day. I have absolutely crushed a bunch of people with muscle cars who thought they could do shit like that and caused them to have, er, complications. I’ve caused one guy (who clearly didn’t know how to drive) to crash his car, I’ve caused another guy to go by a state trooper at 120 miles an hour, been able to play the game with a lot of jackasses who don’t like EVs… and of course are asking for it.

The only vehicle, and there are many that can, that’s eaten me alive was a track hawk. That thing was just sick….

Last edited:
This question is being asked by someone who does not own a business or been self-employed…

When you purchase a car through your company, your business can deduct the costs of ownership as well as general expenses like gas and maintenance. Additionally, your company is able to deduct depreciation and even interest on the car loan if you have one.

This also applies if you are self-employed and use the vehicle at least 50% for work.

Summary: Get yourself an accountant.

I’ve been saying for a long time that the cost of the education should be slaved to the predicted salary of that occupation along with a reduction in non “major” requirements.

Once that would become reality, a phase 2 could be if you take your skills to a lower paying location and stay there for several years a portion of the education cost is forgiven.

If a “doctor” goes to a small town and works there he don’t make as much as a “big city”. But he’s offering a service to a community which could not afford that level. Etc

Possibly a reduction of his education for X years to offset lesser earnings

Reactions: mosin46 and TACC
This question is being asked by someone who does not own a business or been self-employed…

When you purchase a car through your company, your business can deduct the costs of ownership as well as general expenses like gas and maintenance. Additionally, your company is able to deduct depreciation and even interest on the car loan if you have one.

This also applies if you are self-employed and use the vehicle at least 50% for work.

Summary: Get yourself an accountant.
My accountant told me to have my business buy a Winnebago. :ROFLMAO:

I’ve been saying for a long time that the cost of the education should be slaved to the predicted salary of that occupation along with a reduction in non “major” requirements.

Once that would become reality, a phase 2 could be if you take your skills to a lower paying location and stay there for several years a portion of the education cost is forgiven.

If a “doctor” goes to a small town and works there he don’t make as much as a “big city”. But he’s offering a service to a community which could not afford that level. Etc

Possibly a reduction of his education for X years to offset lesser earnings
To a degree this already happens. Some rural towns will pay the school loans for doctors if they practice in the town for a minimum number of years. But by the time that term is up they have an established practice and have a high chance of just staying. It’s a mutually beneficial setup.

To a degree this already happens. Some rural towns will pay the school loans for doctors if they practice in the town for a minimum number of years. But by the time that term is up they have an established practice and have a high chance of just staying. It’s a mutually beneficial setup.
A doctor friend of mine had one of those deals. He got a good salary, they paid off his school debt over a few years and then that money plus was added to his salary. He stayed on for many years after and then opened up a small practice. He sold that out a few years ago and retired. Big city boy loved being an MD. Mountain Doctor.

If you are a grandpa you understand.

My oldest grandson does this all the time... Drives the wife nuts. My secret is always having a pocketful of quarters... A handful of Chiclets from the gumball machine makes Grumps the coolest guy around... And the willingness to sit in the dirt and play trucks.

Mike

(Pics cause of the rules. Nothing fancy, just a shot from an emergency service call the other day)

IMG_20240131_131459300_HDR.jpg

It’s not an RV, it’s a mobile command center.

A good accountant knows he/she works for their client, not the IRS.
I never bought the Winnebago, but yea, she's been worth her weight in gold!

I can't believe some of the shit she's done over the years. :cool:

No, that doesn’t work work. More than likely, you’ll just piss off the driver and he’ll cut you off / run you off the road. Ask me how I know…

The nice thing about having a Tesla is that you have one of the fastest cars on the road. Even though most Tesla drivers are absolute pussies, when someone intentionally does something you can ruin their day. I have absolutely crushed a bunch of people with muscle cars who thought they could do shit like that and caused them to have, er, complications. I’ve caused one guy (who clearly didn’t know how to drive) to crash his car, I’ve caused another guy to go by a state trooper at 120 miles an hour, been able to play the game with a lot of jackasses who don’t like EVs… and of course are asking for it.

The only vehicle, and there are many that can, that’s eaten me alive was a track hawk. That thing was just sick….
Are you a left laner ?

Sounds like it if you have so many issues with ppl cutting you off.

CE4BD7CD-FF10-4EB2-8543-044F175404E9.gif

My oldest grandson does this all the time... Drives the wife nuts. My secret is always having a pocketful of quarters... A handful of Chiclets from the gumball machine makes Grumps the coolest guy around... And the willingness to sit in the dirt and play trucks.

Mike

(Pics cause of the rules. Nothing fancy, just a shot from an emergency service call the other day)

View attachment 8340684

But Mike,
This one is so much neater. :ROFLMAO:

1707063621084.png

1707063862597.png