• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1707179808171.png

40 plus years ago, showed my new wife how to change a flat. Wasn’t a week or so later, had a flat on her 68 ford bronco( wish we never sold it) about a mile from home. Got home and she was so proud of herself for changing the tire, but knuts were all backwards. Told her I was proud of her!!!! Showed her what she had done wrong, she laughed, said it made sense. Thankfully she hasn’t had a flat since then, but know she could do it right to this day.

It is alarmingly easy to forget to tie off... Many is the time I've climbed out of a lift or the bucket on the truck, grabbed a tool or piece of material, climbed back in and went back up... A short time later I look down and realize I didn't hook back on.

Autopilot/Daydreaming will get you killed.

Mike

Couple pics of a powderhorn with a threaded spout I made a few years ago...
There are no appeals in the Court of Gravity.

I know a dude that was soloing Jack the Pulpit and popped off the top. I watched it close up. Near perfect landing. No broken bones. Lots of scar tissue and weird limp action years later.

I've taught traditionally protected lead climbing to hundreds of climbers. You can't let anything get in the way of diligence. And then there's a common sense aspect too.

Fucking Lionel Terray, one of the greats, fell to his death on 3rd class terrain.

There are no appeals in the Court of Gravity.

I know a dude that was soloing Jack the Pulpit and popped off the top. I watched it close up. Near perfect landing. No broken bones. Lots of scar tissue and weird limp action years later.

I've taught traditionally protected lead climbing to hundreds of climbers. You can't let anything get in the way of diligence. And then there's a common sense aspect too.

Fucking Lionel Terray, one of the greats, fell to his death on 3rd class terrain.
Complacency. It will get you every time.

I find this motivational, hopefully some of you geeks out there will to. I bought one of the new robotic telescopes that have just come out. 2” objective lense, all in one computerized, interface through your phone or tablet.

I took this image tonight. Just a small crop of a larger starfield.

View attachment 8338058

The marked “ star” is really a quadruple gravitationally lensed quasar. It’s light has been traveling for 11 billion years. Here is an image taken with a much larger scope.

View attachment 8338059

Not bad for a $500 scope.
Astronomy has been a hobby of mine for awhile. moved to a new house in ohio years ago; not city, not quite country. Wife wanted the house(this is important). Neighbor had a light on her power pole that shot my night vision, but after a few years of gently winning her over, she finally agreed to get rid of it. That was 2 months ago. New neighbor one house down just had the power company install a light on his power pole.
Rules.

Attachments

• 1 (3).jpg
    1 (3).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 563