• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

IMG_9543.jpeg

IMG_9544.jpeg

Did the Cleveland engine have a turbo system on it as well?
I don't think it was anything other than naturally aspirated. Its been a while since I watched everything. So, yes that stacks the deck in favor of the 300.

But it was still impressive they made a straight 6 make over four times as much power as it did from the factory.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Did the Cleveland engine have a turbo system on it as well?
I had a black 95' Eddie Baur short box single cab F250 with a fuel injected 300 I/6 and 5 speed. Somebody put a 5th wheel ball in the box. Gorgeous looking truck for sure.

That thing was a total dog at highway speed. If you were in front of me doing 64mph on the highway. I needed to downshift to 4th and have a solid mile to pass you.

My 94' Eddie Bauer Bronco with fuel injected 351W is a rock star. Gas mileage is terrible though. 300 got 18mpg easy on the highway. The 351W was lucky to get 14mpg.

Reactions: The D
Months ago I was researching engine building for a Ford 400 V8 that I have. When I had found the end of the internet on old Ford V8's I got curious about the Ford 300 I-6. Some well funded engine building guys got one that was originally driving some kind of water pump. They repaired it, and got it running on all OEM parts. Then put it on the Dyno. 80 horse power. They did mods 1, 2, 3 Dyno-ing the engine every time. Then the 4th mod was custom fabricated turbo charged. The I-6 ended up making more horse power than the 351 Cleveland they had
UPS has an engine builder, or did, in Joplin, MO that could do amazing things with 300 L6s. I had an E100 SWB that came with one of his motors in it. I think it just had a UPS short block but with the top end mods including carbs, intake and headers. It was fun to drive.

Reactions: Garvey
Months ago I was researching engine building for a Ford 400 V8 that I have. When I had found the end of the internet on old Ford V8's I got curious about the Ford 300 I-6. Some well funded engine building guys got one that was originally driving some kind of water pump. They repaired it, and got it running on all OEM parts. Then put it on the Dyno. 80 horse power. They did mods 1, 2, 3 Dyno-ing the engine every time. Then the 4th mod was custom fabricated turbo charged. The I-6 ended up making more horse power than the 351 Cleveland they had modified.

Another article about the 300 stated "after the nuclear apocalypse there will be cockroaches and Ford 300's left behind.
I had a '67 Nissan Patrol with what amounted to a 245 ci Ford/Chevy I6. Ford/Chevy because it copied from both. It had a 4.5 in stroke and made 145 hp/285 tq. Ford layout with ignition on drivers side and intake/exhaust on passenger side. Used a Rochester 1bbl carb. When lobes on the cam went, I replaced with a Chevy 256 cam. Fit perfectly. I sold that rig with 485k miles on it in late 90's. Still running today with new owner.

I had a black 95' Eddie Baur short box single cab F250 with a fuel injected 300 I/6 and 5 speed. Somebody put a 5th wheel ball in the box. Gorgeous looking truck for sure.

That thing was a total dog at highway speed. If you were in front of me doing 64mph on the highway. I needed to downshift to 4th and have a solid mile to pass you.

My 94' Eddie Bauer Bronco with fuel injected 351W is a rock star. Gas mileage is terrible though. 300 got 18mpg easy on the highway. The 351W was lucky to get 14mpg.
I had a 92 Bronc with 302. It got terrible mileage and no power. Replaced the engine with 351 from Lightning and slapped on a powerdyne supercharger (only about 5 psi so pump gas was still ok). That made some decent power for the day.

Months ago I was researching engine building for a Ford 400 V8 that I have. When I had found the end of the internet on old Ford V8's I got curious about the Ford 300 I-6. Some well funded engine building guys got one that was originally driving some kind of water pump. They repaired it, and got it running on all OEM parts. Then put it on the Dyno. 80 horse power. They did mods 1, 2, 3 Dyno-ing the engine every time. Then the 4th mod was custom fabricated turbo charged. The I-6 ended up making more horse power than the 351 Cleveland they had modified.

Another article about the 300 stated "after the nuclear apocalypse there will be cockroaches and Ford 300's left behind.
...and Slant 6es

M

Hell I did the same thing , but I flew over a car and landed on asphalt when I was 15.
Don’t remember much about it though. T-boned a Galaxy 500 in the passenger door.🥴 Driver didn’t know they had installed a traffic light at a intersection. I knew , and my light was Green !Buried a Triumph 650 Bonneville into the door. Took a wrecker to pull it out I heard. 😖
Sandhog bout didn’t make it to being a 16 year old that day.
Same, about 8yrs ago. Mine was a kid in a mustang who thought he could make it accross 4 lanes of traffic in 2 seconds. I went into the rear quarter panel at about 45mph on a Vulcan 1400, spun the 'stang completely around. After my Icharus impression and about 5 combat rolls I wound up sitting in the middle of the road w only major road rash.
Mommas dont let yr babies grow up to ride motorcycles.

Reactions: brianf
They call us "The Elderly"..

We were born in the 40-50-60s.
We grew up in the 50-60-70's.
We studied in the 60-70-80's.
We were dating in the 70-80-90's.
We got married and discovered the world in the 70-80-90's.
We venture into the 80-90s.
We stabilize in the 2000s.
We got wiser in the 2010s.
And we are going firmly through and beyond 2020.
Turns out we've lived through EIGHT different decades...
TWO different centuries...
TWO different millennia...
We have gone from the telephone with an operator for longdistance calls to video calls to anywhere in the world.
We have gone from slides to YouTube, from vinyl records to online music, from handwritten letters to email and Whats App.
From live matches on the radio, to black and white TV, colour TV and then to 3D HD TV.
We went to the Video store and now we watch Netflix.
We got to know the first computers, punch cards, floppy disks and now we have gigabytes and megabytes on our smartphones.
We wore shorts throughout our childhood and then long trousers, Oxfords, flares, shell suits & blue jeans.
We dodged infantile paralysis, meningitis, polio, tuberculosis, swine flu and now COVID-19.
We rode skates, tricycles, bicycles, mopeds, petrol or diesel cars and now we drive hybrids or electric.
Yes, we've been through a lot but what a great life we've had!
They could describe us as "exennials," people who were born in that world of the fifties, who had an analog childhood and a digital adulthood.
We've kind of "Seen-It-All"!
Our generation has literally lived through and witnessed more than any other in every dimension of life.
It is our generation that has literally adapted to "CHANGE."
A big round of applause to all the members of a very special generation, which will be UNIQUE!

Author unknown

They call us "The Elderly"..

We were born in the 40-50-60s.
We grew up in the 50-60-70's.
We studied in the 60-70-80's.
We were dating in the 70-80-90's.
We got married and discovered the world in the 70-80-90's.
We venture into the 80-90s.
We stabilize in the 2000s.
We got wiser in the 2010s.
And we are going firmly through and beyond 2020.
Turns out we've lived through EIGHT different decades...
TWO different centuries...
TWO different millennia...
We have gone from the telephone with an operator for longdistance calls to video calls to anywhere in the world.
We have gone from slides to YouTube, from vinyl records to online music, from handwritten letters to email and Whats App.
From live matches on the radio, to black and white TV, colour TV and then to 3D HD TV.
We went to the Video store and now we watch Netflix.
We got to know the first computers, punch cards, floppy disks and now we have gigabytes and megabytes on our smartphones.
We wore shorts throughout our childhood and then long trousers, Oxfords, flares, shell suits & blue jeans.
We dodged infantile paralysis, meningitis, polio, tuberculosis, swine flu and now COVID-19.
We rode skates, tricycles, bicycles, mopeds, petrol or diesel cars and now we drive hybrids or electric.
Yes, we've been through a lot but what a great life we've had!
They could describe us as "exennials," people who were born in that world of the fifties, who had an analog childhood and a digital adulthood.
We've kind of "Seen-It-All"!
Our generation has literally lived through and witnessed more than any other in every dimension of life.
It is our generation that has literally adapted to "CHANGE."
A big round of applause to all the members of a very special generation, which will be UNIQUE!

Author unknown
Shut up, boomer!!!! 😂😂😂😂

I kid, I kid.