• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

That can will put out a whole lot of fire, in the right hands.

I've got a Truckie heart. Halligan and Flathead, now "The Pig" is what I've carried more than anything, if not first in pulling hose. I'm good at breaking shit! We are not locked out of or inside anything!

Truckie's Irons are the keys to the city, as far as I'm concerned.
All I ever did on the FD side was truck work. I did put out a lot of fire with that can, and what didn't go out you could hold it back some till the line got there.

Reactions: Garvey
IMG_1331.jpeg

Mine was to 141ft at Zuber Sink (aka - "Forty Fathom Grotto" - if you know what/where that is) but on EAN28. (Jersey Mix). It was for my ANDP class. But it was just a bounce dive. My instructor (same one as my cave instructor) was just wanting to see how I handled the deco and how "controlled" I was (neutrally buoyant, at each stop, etc.).

Yes, I had DAN insurance at the time and I could probably get it again. I'll look into that as my decision point approaches.

Carmel Pinnacles. 140-160 feet. Inner pinnacles are at a lesser depth. One of the best sites on California other than some beaches much further north.

Reactions: Fx51LP308
I think the more we learn about decompression, the more we realize we don't fully understand it.

There are plenty of good divers who get bent doing a dive they've done a dozen times before...you can do everything "properly" and still get bent.

I got bent once going up to 4000 feet coming back from some dives. It was a rash but still the bends. I went to sick call and the Corpsman looked at it and asked me right away how deep I went. It was the time I was in the water - 4 hours at 40-70 feet - not the depth. The Navy doctor told me to stay as close to sea level as I could for 2 days after diving. He had some stories about Army and Navy divers forgetting and getting on planes. Only takes once!! Once the regulator goes in your mouth and you get wet, it's a different set of rules.

I should have posted here first. I donated it, so that it can be sold and some new generation kids can grow up right. Otherwise I’d send it to you. It was a complete set. Probably a collector’s piece now. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yep, they're getting hard to come by.