• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1709755264774.png

So according to that, you are saying that union grocery clerks made $3.00 an hour. I made more than that flipping burgers at King's Food Host before I got the A+P gig. A+P was ran out of business by grossly overpriced union labor (I'll be the first to admit it). You're trying to compare todays non union shops against them.

Remember not all grocery stores, even then, were union shops. Unions made agreements with stores and chains and as I recall got a sweetheart deal from A+P. The grocery store across the street (Locally owned, independent), was non union and my friends who worked there made far less than I did.

I was called into my high school counselor's office during my senior year due to my skipping afternoon classes to work at A+P. I remember the dropped jaw reaction when she saw I made more than she did.

FYI
View attachment 8366123
ran stores for 2 chains,

first was non union, to the point that if anyone did organize, they were told do it and we close the store,

the other was a union shop,

the non union had a payscale that was flexible, as in a baggers wage scale may start at say $7, (been out of the business 8 yrs, not sure what wages are there now) and top out at $10, with 50cent increments, so as a manager, I could hire a bagger at any slot on that scale,
train them to run a register and they went to a different job class and the scale changed, etc etc,

dept clerks were much higher, and some positions got a premium

when I switched (W/D went bankrupt, pulled out of VA) to a union shop, the scales worked differently,
in this are, in 2004 till I got out of it in 2015, it was all scale based,

you got points for time in the business, and points for experience in different depts,

so a basic bagger, never worked a day in his/her/they life, got in at basicall minimum wage (wanna say $7.25 then,) but a clerk hired for a dept with 20 yrs exp, and experience all the depts, would be hired at top of the scale,, then about $10.50 maybe $11, and would not get a raise since they were at the top of the scale unless the contract called for it, (in the non union company that employee would be hired in at $12 or better and get a raise every year)

contract was extremely weak, and those that paid (Va is a right to work state, you did not have to join to work in a union shop) the $10 or so a week in dues got basically nothing for it,

I made $5/hr roofing in the mid-'80s (working alongside illegals and convicts), and that was a FUCKTON more than the other HS kids slinging icecream or working a cash register. It was "real" hard work, but I loved the fact that I worked as hard as the men and got paid for it. In fact, some of them didn't like me because of how hard I worked. My paychecks had massive girth for a 14 y/o. I had knives, swords, Jivaro Blowguns, and all sorts of geedunk shit out of the back of Soldier of Fortune that ya'll could only look at the pitcher and dream about.:p
Worked as a concrete laborer for 2.50/hour in 1966
Then min wage was 1.62/hr in my AO

I did pretty well

Reactions: jff_stvns and lash
My sister was molested at age 9. She had a terrible life trying to deal with that trauma for the next 30 years and died homeless of an overdose. At her funeral, my little bro, who is often very profound, said "She was killed long before she died."

I'm DEFINITELY for child molestation/rape death penalty. Swift and final.
One of the few things they do well, the Saudi’s usually solve that problem within a month of the crime.

Last edited:
Your other "facts" were wrong too.

View attachment 8366388

LOLOLLOLOLLOL

They're not MY facts. I posted the links to everything, even your irrelevant facts about 2024 salaries which you just posted again which is SALARIED not HOURLY.

Which one are you claiming? You were a salaried worker or an hourly wage worker?

Last edited:
Reactions: Barneybdb
Oh boohoo, somebody call the fucking whaaa mbulance
I’ve blocked just a couple window lickers that can’t take a hint from our resident sommelier of cellulite @Dirty D

The irony is that these soulless muppets lack any self-awareness to consider they’ve earned a spot on my very short shit list. In other words, if you think i may have blocked you: congrats, you’re not.

It's my birthday so my wife bought me scallops for dinner because she knows it's my favorite. Of course she doesn't know how to cook them and cannot be trusted around cast iron or carbon steel pans so here I am cooking my own birthday dinner. Apple pie for dessert.

20240306_182453.jpg

I was born in 1956.....graduated HS and started running heavy equipment (Operating Engineers), but decided that wasn't a career move. Started a career, got married, looked at houses and was amazed at the $$$ for what we were getting. SO, I decided to build my own house, figuring I could get twice, or triple the house, for the same amount of $$$. Found some property, designed and drew the blue prints up, and started building. Remember, I was working 40-50 hrs/week AND building a house on my weekends. Decided to save $$$ by building the garage first and setting it up like a studio....we lived in that 3+ yrs while I finished the 1st floor. We moved into the house (1st floor) while I finished the 2nd floor. 2150 sq. ft, split level....I did everything but the sheetrock/texturing and the cabinets. Got it totally finished 7 yrs later. The reason for this story? AFTER I finished the house, several guys I worked with commented on how nice it was to 'have money' to afford something like what I was living in, conveniently forgetting I BUILT it! Told them to go fuck themselves. They said I was an asshole! No one decided to do it my way.....they just wanted to bellyache, bitch, moan, whine, complain about NOT having what I had.

My point.....