• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Acid GIFs, March 22 (25 gifs)
Shut the door, mother fucker. We ain't tryin to cool the whole neighborhood!

I saw him in 1984 with Heuy Lewis and the News on a Sunday night. They had a 45 minute jam session after everyone thought the concert was over.
Similar in Spocompton, WA long ago. Went to a Bryan Adams concert. Steel Breeze and some other band opened, Adams closed. He was in the middle of his last song, Everything I Do. He was solo on an acoustic guitar on a stool, curtain closed on the band behind him. A guy sneaks out of the curtain and holds his fingers to his lips in a shush and starts singing with Adams while walking up behind him. The audience is going crazy and Adams is looking around like WTF. He finally realizes Steven Tyler is right behind him and they stop and laugh, talk for a bit. Aerosmith was passing through on their way to Seattle and decided to crash the party. The curtain opened back up and we were treated to about 2 more hours of killer music with pretty much all the bands involved. No play list, just a jam. "Hey, you guys know this one? It goes like this..." They played all sorts of music from old blues to country to current hits by others.

My dates parents didn't believe us and I was not allowed to see her for about a week until her mom called me and apologized. One of her coworkers kids had been at the same concert.

P7280018.jpeg

I really, really wish I hadn't hit the "play" button.......... :eek:
Are you too old or too young to not know this song? This was everywhere in the 90’s

And now…the rulez an shit

1711120004464.jpeg

Our summer camping trip is going to be in this area. I’m going to try as hard as possible to get this trail done. I can’t wait

I know a grandma like that! 😍
My MIL is 86 years old and talks like that. And carries a shank too.
She was pissed off when she was jonesing for one of my 9mm's and I told her that I couldn't sell it to her because she couldn't rack the slide. She really couldn't. So, .38 bulldog snubby goes with her. She probably can't hit a barn door from 5 ft, but the audacity should scare people enough.

Are you too old or too young to not know this song? This was everywhere in the 90’s

View attachment 8378689
Our summer camping trip is going to be in this area. I’m going to try as hard as possible to get this trail done. I can’t wait

We did quite a bit of old mines reclamation work up in that country back in the day. Beautiful, enjoy, but do not be this guy!

Thank you,
MrSmith

I’m pretty sure that was a rental jeep so yes, I will be much more careful. Getting there is half the trip, I will still need to tow our camper home…

We did quite a bit of old mines reclamation work up in that country back in the day. Beautiful, enjoy, but do not be this guy!

Thank you,
MrSmith

It's a bad day 4 wheeling, when your rollbar is off the jeep, next to you, rolling down the hill.
.08 seconds in. No rollbar on jeep

Reactions: Barneybdb and BLEE
Black Bear?
Yep. I’m not 100% sure my mom or wife will be down for Black Bear but I’m going to work any magic I have. If they’re a hard no, we’ll do Imogene pass. And if all of my magic works and the stars align and any other good juju intervenes I’m going to talk them into Black Bear to Telluride then Imogene back to Ouray on the same day

1711131016019.jpeg

Yep. I’m not 100% sure my mom or wife will be down for Black Bear but I’m going to work any magic I have. If they’re a hard no, we’ll do Imogene pass. And if all of my magic works and the stars align and any other good juju intervenes I’m going to talk them into Black Bear to Telluride then Imogene back to Ouray on the same day

View attachment 8378819

Imogene was one of the many areas we worked. Also up the hill in Tomboy. At the old Sporting House (37.941429, -107.771698) we cabled back the building, it was getting a little rickety, and dropped a Cat 436 on a winch line over the downhill side of the road. Dug a trench down the slide rock slope to the next road access, 600 ft or so if my feeble mind remembers correctly, dropped off the hoe and pulled a 16" HDPE line in to act as a drain for some uphill workings. Sent the hook back and tied on to the hoe again, pulled it to the top and covered the trench on the way back down. Then we took our toys and went home. Fun job.

Enjoy your trip. Depending on timing there is, or was, a runoff creek that falls onto the Imogene road from about 30' up, it will get you wet as you drive thru it.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Imogene was one of the many areas we worked. Also up the hill in Tomboy. At the old Sporting House (37.941429, -107.771698) we cabled back the building, it was getting a little rickety, and dropped a Cat 436 on a winch line over the downhill side of the road. Dug a trench down the slide rock slope to the next road access, 600 ft or so if my feeble mind remembers correctly, dropped off the hoe and pulled a 16" HDPE line in to act as a drain for some uphill workings. Sent the hook back and tied on to the hoe again, pulled it to the top and covered the trench on the way back down. Then we took our toys and went home. Fun job.

Enjoy your trip. Depending on timing there is, or was, a runoff creek that falls onto the Imogene road from about 30' up, it will get you wet as you drive thru it.

Thank you,
MrSmith
Late July. Shhhh….don’t let my wife or mother hear about this creek. That will spoil some of the fun

• Haha
Reactions: MrSmith and lash

View attachment 8378689
Black Bear Pass looking down on Telluride. It isn't as bad as it is made out to be, lots of loose shale with no guard rail. LOL, The wrecks happen with pilgrims who don't know how to drive and lose their shit. Last time we rode it, had an issue that my rig kept dying, so with no power steering and only manual brakes we hitched front and back to other rigs. Got to the bottom and found that the distributor hold down bolt was lose and screwed the timing up enough it wouldn't run.

Attachments

• samurai.JPG
    samurai.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Black Bear Pass looking down on Telluride. It isn't as bad as it is made out to be, lots of loose shale with no guard rail. LOL, The wrecks happen with pilgrims who don't know how to drive and lose their shit. Last time we rode it, had an issue that my rig kept dying, so with no power steering and only manual brakes we hitched front and back to other rigs. Got to the bottom and found that the distributor hold down bolt was lose and screwed the timing up enough it wouldn't run.
That’s what I’ve gathered from a bunch of trail stories and gootube videos. I’ve seen videos of a full size Ram power wagon and a fucking bulldozer go down so I think my Armada will be just fine

Reactions: SWgeezer and lash
Formula for calculating the Coriolis Effect in the Northern hemisphere?
It's the standard calculation for the number of squares of toilet paper needed based on the force of push and length of time between pinch off. It says it in the equation: LOG.

"PI" for diameter calc.
d and d+ for deuce and big deuce
log for log length
cos = cosign for strain factor.
exp= Taco Bell exponential turd/shmear factor (hugely important - increases paper needed)

Last edited: