• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1713761701707.png

There are the guys who "do" trad...
And there are the guys who LIVE trad...

Colt's semiauto build of the traditional barebones pre-GWOT infantry A4 full length musket. Pure thoroughbred Americana that covers the mid-late 1990s up to around 2005 or so. Absolute functional work of art and ongoing history...

The Kentucky/Plains rifle of the modern working man, farmer, and homesteader.

Last edited:
View attachment 8401499

We were recovering a D8 Cat from San Francisco Bay a long time ago after the first attempt failed. The operator back the D8 off of a sea wall at low tide, it flipped and landed upside down on top of him. The first heavy lift company showed up and just backed up to the sea wall, hooked a cable to the blade and thought they were going to muscle it back over and drag it out. They really leaned on it, the clevis on their cable broke and about 60 feet of 1" steel cable snapped back at the truck like a whip. Their truck was really fucked up, the operator was lucky no one got killed.

Had a rookie on the fire engine with me. Wrecker driver did all his prep and was about to start pulling on the car. I grabbed the rookie by the arm and told him let's get far away from here. If that winch cable snaps, it can kill people. Pointing at the wrecker driver, I said he has to be where he is to do his job, but we don't. The wrecker driver nodded in agreement .

Had a rookie on the fire engine with me. Wrecker driver did all his prep and was about to start pulling on the car. I grabbed the rookie by the arm and told him let's get far away from here. If that winch cable snaps, it can kill people. Pointing at the wrecker driver, I said he has to be where he is to do his job, but we don't. The wrecker driver nodded in agreement .
I know someone who was going through the locks at Lake Washington, where boats are lowered down to sea level. This is near Seattle. They use steel cables to secure the boats while the water is moving. A dock worker was not paying attention, a big steel cable snapped and one side whipped back at the guy's sailboat. His wife was on the bow, as that was her station to secure then remove the cables.

The cable came back hard and cut his wife's head off. That was the end of their cruise.

I know someone who was going through the locks at Lake Washington, where boats are lowered down to sea level. This is near Seattle. They use steel cables to secure the boats while the water is moving. A dock worker was not paying attention, a big steel cable snapped and one side whipped back at the guy's sailboat. His wife was on the bow, as that was her station to secure then remove the cables.

The cable came back hard and cut his wife's head off. That was the end of their cruise.
Fake news

Nope. They don't use cable to tie up. Been thru there more times then I can count. We have parted lines there though.

Reactions: c1steve and lash
Nope. They don't use cable to tie up. Been thru there more times then I can count. We have parted lines there though.
Well it may have been a soft line. All I know is that it snapped and cut her head off. Was 30 years ago about.

Reactions: lash
It's Earth Day. Why not also make it Musket Appreciation Day?

In this Tier 1 day and age, the classic full length musket needs more appreciation. An A2/A4 will do everything that a ported handguard custom racegun will do, and a lot more. There is absolutely no denying that a full length barrel provides rock solid stability for the projectile, and you can be assured that not a single microscopic speck of powder is leaving that barrel without first giving all of it's oomph to the base of that bullet... Midrange ELR with a high end scoped and calibrated bolt/semi precision rifle? Awesome! Now try doing midrange ELR with a barebones trad A2/A4 with all irons. The rifle can do it. It's on you now...

And last but not least, why should Earth Day also be Musket Appreciation Day? Because no matter how you spin things, the ones who are protecting this Earth, are men with muskets.

Colt: The originator of the OG Sporter and Modern Ranch Rifle:

Palmetto State Armory: Doing social justice the right way by arming the common people:

Bear Creek Arsenal A4 Upper: Battle Ready Kit:

BONUS CONTENT FOR THIS POST:

"Don't fall asleep Joe! WTF are you doing? You dinging my mags and wasting my ammo, man!"

Last edited:
Well it may have been a soft line. All I know is that it snapped and cut her head off. Was 30 years ago about.
I believe it. It doesn’t take a cable to decapitate a person. It just takes speed. Whether it be the speed of the line/cable/wire or the speed of the person.

In our town in New York there was more than one occasion when a person decapitated themselves riding snowmobiles in the fields, especially in late or night hours. Barbed wire and even electric wire works just fine for this.