• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Found the link

Read this article years ago…some guys will get butt hurt

1713978216187.gif

1713978250905.jpeg

Found the link

Read this article years ago…some guys will get butt hurt

From that link:

3. 1967 Camaro SS/RS

0-60mph: 8.0 seconds
Engine: 350 cid
Power: 295 hp
Transmission: Automatic
Tested by:Motor Trend

------------------------------------------------------

The '67 had a 327, IIRC.

I think the HP number is wrong for a '67 SS also. I'd need to do some searching. I have an old Hot Rod test of the '69 Z-28. They got it through the 1/4 mile a little over 14 seconds. I'd like to see a minivan top that. I had a '72 Z-28 that ran the quarter in the mid-14s stock, and the tires Chevy put on it were shit. With minor tuning and decent rubber (street tires, not slicks), it ran 12.7 at St. Louis International. But that's not fast. If you could get a Hemi Cuda to hook up, that was a decent street racer for its era.

The better comparison would be '60's and '70's muscle cars to recent performance cars. There's no comparison. There are quite a few recent-model street cars that run in the 10s and 11s with a solid driver. 9 second street cars are not unheard of.

Edit: The base SS was a 327 and there was a 350 option in '67.

Last edited:
From that link:

3. 1967 Camaro SS/RS

The '67 had a 327, IIRC.

I think the HP number is wrong for a '67 SS also. I'd need to do some searching. I have an old Hot Rod test of the '69 Z-28. They got it through the 1/4 mile a little over 14 seconds. I'd like to see a minivan top that. I had a '72 Z-28 that ran the quarter in the mid-14s stock, and the tires Chevy put on it were shit. With minor tuning and decent rubber (street tires, not slicks), it ran 12.7 at St. Louis International. But that's not fast. If you could get a Hemi Cuda to hook up, that was a decent street racer for its era.

The better comparison would be '60's and '70's muscle cars to recent performance cars. There's no comparison. There are quite a few recent-model street cars that run in the 10s and 11s with a solid driver. 9 second street cars are not unheard of.

It's all about perspective. Compared to the cars of the day they were quick. It's like comparing a ww1 bi- plane to an f-16. Time marches on. Today's thrill is tomorrow's norm.

From that link:

3. 1967 Camaro SS/RS

The '67 had a 327, IIRC.

If this is to me the article is referring to late model COPO cars that are 1000hp running sub 11 seconds.

I wish I had kept at least one of mine, I had 2 67 Chevelle SS 396, I think they were supposed to make 300HP, My little brother had an old lady turn in front of him and totaled it, I found another one with bucket seats and floor shift automatic. I bought it from a mechanic that had put a 325hp cam in it. My brother was road racing it while I was at basic training. I came home to get it and it ran like crap, drove it from NE NM to Fort Bliss at El Paso, I would stop and fill it with gas and put in a couple quarts of oil. Compression test showed 2 cylinders with no compression. I got $700 for it as a trade in on a Ford Torino. The Chevelle wasn't fast but it was quick. Baby blue with a white vinyl top.
1713987821319.jpeg