• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

that is awesome, thank God for modern medicine!

Agreed. NICU does some amazing things bringing premature infants up to speed. Really makes me want to go NICU.

Mall Ninja congrats man! Motivational is an understatement. Thanks for posting.

I've posted this many times before, but it's a constant reminder of some of the greater things in life and IMHO what it's all about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEPHLC6dMGA

Last edited:
Congratulations Mall Ninja!

You should be very glad that your wife realized that "something was wrong". I can relate directly.....

In a former life, I was a firefighter/EMT with wife number one in labor. In the hospital they had her hooked up to fetal monitor that the frickin' nurses apparently were not paying much attention to. I was watching and every time my wife had a contraction, the baby's heart rate went down. I watched this several times and mentioned it to the nurses....to no avail.

I knew the doctor pretty well, so I went and told him. He took a look and came to the same conclusion as I had. They prepped her for a C-section and then chased me out. At that time, even though I was certified to deliver in an emergency situation, hospital policy did not allow it.

Long story short, my sons umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck. Performing a C-section was the only way to deliver at that point.

That was 35 years ago, and he is married and has given me three beautiful grandchildren. I could not be happier!

I hope your son grows up to be like you; a patriotic contributor to society.

best regards,
Mark

Congratulations Mall Ninja! Your story made my heart smile and I'm glad you, your wife and new son made it home!

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

Mall Ninja, that is one of the most motivating post out of both threads (old and new). I wish you and your family all the best! Time to start putting a first rifle together for the little guy, the next thing you know you will be spotting for him...

NhTmpTR.gif

That looks like the aftermath of Gulf War I.
I remember spending the first night of the ground "war" a couple of miles into Kuwait trying to get some sleep in the driver's seat of a Hummer. I woke up every fifteen minutes or so to see a new fire burning on the horizon where the Iraqis had blown up another oil-well.

Last edited: