• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

bdeurope_zps18925257.jpg

Cheers,

Sirhr

He did not seem that bad to me and from what I read in the story, he got screwed. I have met people that are far worse off in the mental department than this guy. People like this are harmless and are more of a danger to themselves than anyone else.

I bet this has never happened to anyone here on the Hide.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=266263d084b1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A slight departure from the boobies and funny meme. I posted this picture a few days ago as something motivating to me and today I'll fill in the back story:

The photo is one in a series from September 8, 2011 taken up on the Farm my Mom grew up on in Pa. The property has played a crucial role in my parents and ultimately my life. It's where my parents met and spent much of their time. It's where I spent much of my youth hunting and shooting. My Family has many great memories from time spent there. I spent many an evening walking the farm with my Dad ground hog hunting. On this day Dad and I were able to get out late in the afternoon after a very stormy day. I was tweaking a load for his .243Win Varmint rifle and had just put a new 6.5-20x scope on it for him. I was working out the DOPE on the BDC reticle and was able to produce 1st round hits at both 300 and 400 yards. We were planning ahead to next varmint season as Dad had been having some minor health issues since February that had kept him sidelined.

This was the last day he and I were ever on the Farm together. 10 weeks later on November 18, 2011 Dad was hospitalized and diagnosed with advanced multiple myeloma (bone / bone marrow cancer). It was a terminal diagnosis with only a short time to live. He chose to do home hospice and for the next 8 months my Mom and myself kept him comfortable and tried to make peace with the inevitable as we said goodbye. On July 24, 2012 at 2:34pm I was there as my Father took his last breath and was finally at peace. Today was two years since that day, and tonight was the first time I have gone back to the Farm since his passing. It's been a bit of an emotional roller coaster today, but it ended on an upswing.

Never take for granted the limited time you have on this Earth. Live each day to it's fullest, and try not to sweat the small stuff. If you have kids take the time to make lasting memories for them to treasure and cherish after you are gone.

I hope the guy with the camera gave a copy of the video to the pickup driver, so he can hunt the truck driver down and "thank" him for the attempted murder...
That said, pickup driver would have been better served just stopping at one of those roadside pink-umbrella spots for a snack/drink, and let the truck go on his way instead of trying to pass him.

I hope the guy with the camera gave a copy of the video to the pickup driver, so he can hunt the truck driver down and "thank" him for the attempted murder...
That said, pickup driver would have been better served just stopping at one of those roadside pink-umbrella spots for a snack/drink, and let the truck go on his way instead of trying to pass him.

The whole video is on Live Leak, the guy in the pickup started the incident, the guy in the truck finished it. If I recall correctly this was in Taiwan.