• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

8443580fa9ba547f3ed6c0dcef1cce41.png

I'm a pilot, although I'm not an AG pilot. Those guys are good. They get into and out of places that seem impossible. I've ridden with a few of those guys. Talk about a hoot! I've been 5ft above Cotton at 150kts and flown under power lines. Its pretty physically demanding. Not for the faint of heart!

Reactions: sjstill
Kinda seems like dad should have been stopping that crap a little earlier..... and good stuff.
We limit the kids to an hour a week if that. They need to be outside!

Where that guy wrecked helped. Still a helluva fall. Not a fall I would want to take.

I'm a pilot, although I'm not an AG pilot. Those guys are good. They get into and out of places that seem impossible. I've ridden with a few of those guys. Talk about a hoot! I've been 5ft above Cotton at 150kts and flown under power lines. Its pretty physically demanding. Not for the faint of heart!

The first time I ever went flying in anything was with my dad in his friend's crop-duster. It was an old bi-plane, and I was sitting in my dad's lap in the front seat while we dusted dad's fields. I was a little less than 2 years old at the time.

I think I remember screaming a lot...

Probably more of a touch and go deal, but if the truck was going fast enough, I'd imagine he wouldn't have too much of an issue, especially if he used a touch of flaps and didn't have a full load.

No load, Piper Cub, enough truck speed he could just lift back off. I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it for my own eyes.

No load, Piper Cub, enough truck speed he could just lift back off. I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it for my own eyes.

Wow, dusting in a Cub! Must have been a LOOONG day with how slow those things fly! :ROFLMAO:

I've seen a video of a Cessna of some sort on floats that takes off from a trailer towed behind a pickup at an airport. Not too hard to do, I'm sure, as with flaps they don't take all that much airspeed.

dusting in a cub would take a looong time. pay load in my buddys Super cub is about 1200# that includes fuel. so wheIe get the cub airborne and then if heavy loaded he is very slow to climb to keep the airspeed up (up is a relative term). What is really fun is if just me and him he can land going up a relatively steep ridge in about 30 / 40 yards. with the plane turned down hill the take off is exciting......at least to me. Didn't seem to bother him tho. in the back I could see any thing but canyon.
Idahoorion

JULY 4, 2018

6:00 AM
Al Richmond has run every Marine Corps Marathon, and he’s still in the race.

Al-Richmond-4.jpg

Former Marine Alfred “Al” Richmond had no intention of participating in the first Marine Corps Marathon in 1976. That is, until a co-worker at the Marine Corps office that was planning the event told him he was training, and Richmond thought, “If he could do it, I could do it.” Richmond was right—he could do it, and he still is.
Last year, the 78-year-old completed his 42nd consecutive MCM and is planning to compete in the 2018 event Oct. 28.
Richmond is the last remaining “Groundpounder,” a nickname for a small group of runners who have run every race since the beginning. His daughter now accompanies him on the 26.2-mile course that passes by Arlington National Cemetery, the National Mall and the Pentagon.
Richmond, an Arlington resident, has finished more than 50 marathons during his running career, without ever suffering an injury. His best MCM time was three hours, 16 minutes and 21 seconds, which he ran in 1979. In 2017, he crossed the finish line in just under seven hours.
Richmond’s race time may have changed, but some things, he says, have stayed the same, including his post-race ritual—a 30-minute hot shower and a nap.