• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

TSeB4mU.gif

That one pisses me off to no end. Using our boys as human guinea pigs, again. Shameful.
-
New someone he gone now . ( family member) who was there and talked to me a few times about it . Lifer, retired, SGM Jay Brown, at Campbell KY. . 2 tours in Korea and 6 hitches in Vietnam . Don't remember what he said the total number of troops dug-in there and marched in after they popped it off .
He told me ..quote . They were in the trenches dug out there at different selected area's . Himself and others next to him were given the old school OD. wool army blankets and told to stay low, heads down, throw the blankets over heads and put hands over eye's tightly till was clear to look up and given the Go to head-in .

Reactions: sjstill
That one pisses me off to no end. Using our boys as human guinea pigs, again. Shameful.
My dad, He was in the USN during WWII, was a coxswain and delivered a scientific team to Hiroshima on September 8, 1945. If I remember his story correctly the harbor was mined so full sized ship could not enter so his small boat detail unloaded the scientists and gear.

The scientific team camped outside of town but guess who had to stay and guard the supplies left of the dock? I think he said he stayed in Hiroshima close to a month. They were the first US in there.

He had some photos but they might have been overly played with by us kids when we were little. I need to go and look for them.

Ironically my dad and another of the naval guards both ended up in the North Carolina highway patrol. They both died of lymphoma later in life.

Dad fought lymphoma for sixteen years and it got him in 2001.

He always said it was from Hiroshima but the government said it was from asbestos used in the ships. They knew better than to lie like that.

Reactions: sjstill