• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

The one like that where I live is called The Destroying Angel, and it doesn’t look anywhere near as poisonous...but will kill you dead!

Destroying%2BAngel%2B-%2BAmanita%2Bbisporigera%2B(1).jpg

I bet you have guns in your house. You should have your kids taken away.
Or maybe we should all just mind our own business when it comes to parenting.

Since we are comparing venomous snakes to guns. A venomoid is like handing someone a gun and saying it isn't loaded. You can't be really sure unless you check yourself!

I think the point of this is that if someone wants to handle snakes... Darwinism applies and we should not question their choices.

I handle live artillery every weekend... handled wrong, it can bite.

Personally, I'd not touch a rattlesnake with a ten foot pole. But that's not my thing. Plenty of other people would not mess with live ordnance.

I think the point of this is live and let live. If the Snake-handling barrister is comfy doing it... his choice. If he does it around his kids... well, then his gene's don't get passed on, if things go South. Not my place to judge.

Carry on... have fun with your dangerous things, fellow-libertarians! May your progeny survive a risky life. Makes stronger kids.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Okay, mortar men, are they making adjustments

Not a mortar man, but yes I believe so.

I saw a similar technique with three guns - three rounds each. All nine were hanging in the air at different times (first ones the longest time - last ones the shortest time). All nine landed at the same time. Adjustment between each round on each gun.

Nine rounds left three guns placed in a line about 10 meters apart. Nine rounds landed at the same time in a single line about 100 meters from one end to the other.

I was told it was how mortar guys shot at vehicle convoys or soldiers marching in a file.

I was observing the rounds land from maybe 1,000 yards. It looked too damn close for my comfort.

I saw a similar technique with three guns - three rounds each. All nine were hanging in the air at different times (first ones the longest time - last ones the shortest time). All nine landed at the same time. Adjustment between each round on each gun.

Nine rounds left three guns placed in a line about 10 meters apart. Nine rounds landed at the same time in a single line about 100 meters from one end to the other.

I was told it was how mortar guys shot at vehicle convoys or soldiers marching in a file.

I was observing the rounds land from maybe 1,000 yards. It looked too damn close for my comfort.

It's called TOT or Time on Target. It can be done by the fancy-shmancy artillery guys with their computers... or a few good mortar crews who know their time of flight. Time on Target means that a whole boatload of rounds land at exactly the same time. So noone gets a chance to move or duck when rounds land all around a target.

If only one round lands, then everyone has a second to hit the dirt before the rest of the rounds come in.

With TOT... the whole area gets saturated before anyone moves.

Usually the domain of large computer-controlled batteries. But also possible with NLOS crews that know their stuff.

Cheers

Sirhr

I bet you have guns in your house. You should have your kids taken away.
Or maybe we should all just mind our own business when it comes to parenting.

Sorry, but I don't set a loaded revolver on my daughter's lap with the hammer cocked. I've kept all kinds of snakes and I have friends that have been into hots all their lives and not one of them would ever put a rattlesnake on the lap of one of their children. I could care less if you, as an adult, get bit by one of your pet rattlesnakes, but to put your daughter in danger is beyond irresponsible.

Start being a parent.

Get off it BULL GEAR.
There are all kinds of {pets] out there people keep and train. Some dogs have been known to kill there owners kids. Imagine that.
It's a snake.
You sound like a liberal, telling someone else what they can and can't have,or do.

What if I’m a Holy Roller and I dance with a rattler in hand and a bible in the other?

I’m gonna give Toast the benefit of the doubt - he is not a complete dumbass and probably thought some of all this through. Maybe you know him? Maybe you just make your opinions known on the net, b/c you’re never close enough for someone to retort properly? I dunno.

Reactions: abizdafuzz
Sorry, but I don't set a loaded revolver on my daughter's lap with the hammer cocked. I've kept all kinds of snakes and I have friends that have been into hots all their lives and not one of them would ever put a rattlesnake on the lap of one of their children. I could care less if you, as an adult, get bit by one of your pet rattlesnakes, but to put your daughter in danger is beyond irresponsible.

Start being a parent.
I might actually agree with you. But its still not your call or mine. You probably do things with your kids I wouldn't think of and vice versa, but we still don't get to tell people how to parent.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuneBoer

As an old artilleryman I believe the technique is called bracketing.

ASMDSS

Yesterday at 11:00 AM ·

Gather 'round knucklefuckers, this one is short and sweet.
MCT, Camp Pendleton, circa 2011. Little interaction between Pvt. B and SSgt. D
*Pvt. B gives SSgt. D a dirty look*
SSgt. D: "You wanna fight boy?"
Pvt. B: "No SSgt."
SSgt. D: "Cuz if you do, I'll take this rank off. I'll take my blouse off. We can go down to the H and I'll kick your ass. Then, I'll bend you over shotgun style, wrap sandpaper around my dick, and fuck you in the ass. Not for pleasure, but for dominance."

1544840083345.png

Yes, it was a venomoid. He was at a children's museum in Charlotte. They removed his venom glands in case he ever escaped or employees had to clean the cage, etc. They remodeled the museum and no longer wanted live snakes there so I made a donation and took the old guy. He was happy not to live in a cage with kids smacking the glass all day. He was very very tame and did not want to bite. But he had big fangs still so I kept the kids back.

He bit me once while I was cleaning the cage. I was de-thawing a rat so I washed my hands twice with dawn. It still smelled the rat and bit my arm. Deep tissue infection, but no poison. One bite in ten years. Pretty good snake.