• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

2070r2t.jpg
1F2FA4D2-6C20-42DC-84CA-044883C20755.gif

This is a real bitch slapping.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Yes, it was a venomoid. He was at a children's museum in Charlotte. They removed his venom glands in case he ever escaped or employees had to clean the cage, etc. They remodeled the museum and no longer wanted live snakes there so I made a donation and took the old guy. He was happy not to live in a cage with kids smacking the glass all day. He was very very tame and did not want to bite. But he had big fangs still so I kept the kids back.

He bit me once while I was cleaning the cage. I was de-thawing a rat so I washed my hands twice with dawn. It still smelled the rat and bit my arm. Deep tissue infection, but no poison. One bite in ten years. Pretty good snake.

That's good to know, but should you ever decide to walk him in my neighborhood, make sure he's wearing a big sign.