• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1565491838412.png

at only 200 million when they were built, we could have thousands of these for just one F35.

One of these flew over with fully extended wings, standing on port wingtip, tree top level. tight j turn. I saw the pilot look down at me, had a red helmet. Practice low level bomb run. Dam that thing was beautiful!! Basically as close as this photo.
View attachment 7127760

I put the fire suppression and life safety systems in that extreme environmental control facility, I know what you're talking about.

McKinley Lab.

Funny driving by when it's 90 out and the huge temp gauge reads minus 50 degrees.

Been a while, but a guy was killed by the fire suppression system. Don't recall all the details, but the system activated and he went back in for something.

Found an old picture of my grandfather. I didn't really have much of a dad growing up so that's more how I think of him. He came to every single military school I ever attended. Gave me my blood wings. I'm just guessing but he may have been about 16 here. I know he got a cousin to vouch for him and enlisted at 15. This is the youngest picture I've ever found.
FB_IMG_1565546526753.jpg

...Been a while, but a guy was killed by the fire suppression system. Don't recall all the details, but the system activated and he went back in for something.
I think that they have been phased out but we had Halon 1301 suppression systems in the engine room of our patrol boat, the handle was outside the engine room door because the door opened inward. If the system was activated it would pressurize the engine room and the door couldn’t be opened and there would be no breathable oxygen left.

I think that they have been phased out but we had Halon 1301 suppression systems in the engine room of our patrol boat, the handle was outside the engine room door because the door opened inward. If the system was activated it would pressurize the engine room and the door couldn’t be opened and there would be no breathable oxygen left.

This was maybe 20 years ago. I've been in the building just a few times and couldn't tell you much about anything. I seem to recall the guy suffocated.

I was hit with halon once. It was not fun.

McKinley Lab.

Funny driving by when it's 90 out and the huge temp gauge reads minus 50 degrees.

Been a while, but a guy was killed by the fire suppression system. Don't recall all the details, but the system activated and he went back in for something.
That can happen with foam systems you get disoriented and there is no air to breathe.