• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1583288838508.png

This is a silent film from the 1930s of a woman on safari in Africa. It's a great little trip back in time. To me, it looks like she's using a Haenel-Mannlicher. I'll bet it is in .275 Rigby (AKA 7X57 Mauser). WDM "Karamojo" Bell also used a .275 Rigby to kill elephants.

From the description of the video: Her kills include a cheetah shown at 4:04, a water buffalo at 4:40, a gazelle at 6:46, a male lion at 10:30, an elephant at 11:00, and a bull elephant at 11:44. At 14:04 a man walks by with a camel, followed by a caravan. At 14:30 the woman poses with children and an early Land Rover touring car. At 15:00 Mt. Kenya is visible.

Even though she never went on a Safari, this film reminds me of my Grandmother, born in 1900. I was told that she would hunt and fish more than my Grandfather.

This is a must-watch, motivational movie!

One, maybe two...........but seven..........I am guessing this man will be in a world of shit.
One shot, man down...........empty mag, 6 rounds, man on floor............

One, down............threat is done.........the other six........maybe a murder charge........

That is unless he's an off duty police officer. Also remember that there are different rules for different countries. Do we know if this was within the USA???

Reactions: PAYDIRT
One, maybe two...........but seven..........I am guessing this man will be in a world of shit.
One shot, man down...........empty mag, 6 rounds, man on floor............

One, down............threat is done.........the other six........maybe a murder charge........

"...Your honor, all I remember was seeing the guy pull his gun out. And then I found myself holding the gun and my head hurting like hell..."

Some theatrics appropriate for the above statement right after the incident was over just for the camera will help him out later on too.

Like my AP English teacher said in the past: "If you are going to write an essay, (or ese, in this case), follow the entire structure through to the conclusion. Don't half ass it and expect to receive credit for it"...

I've been known to put 300-400 rounds through a 1903 Springfield for a days worth of shooting. Yes, that's 300-400 rounds. I'm not kidding.

I've also done quite a bit of plinking with a Model 70 in .458 Win-Mag.

However, the sight of the hand-held-howizter causes me just as much pain as getting married again.

This is the gunsmith that made that double-barreled cannon.