• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Rest in Peace Gunny.

Hathcock.jpg

View attachment 7335042
Sergeant First Class Alwyn C. Cashe pulled six soldiers from the burning hulk of a Bradley Fighting Vehicle, while himself on fire and under fire from insurgents who set the ambush. He willingly sacrificed his life to rescue his fellow soldiers.

On October 17, 2005, SFC Cashe manned the turret of a Bradley Fighting Vehicle when it hit an IED. The bomb ignited a fuel cell on board, engulfing the vehicle in flames and showering the crew with fuel. SFC Cashe left his hatch unharmed, but drenched in fuel. At the front of the vehicle, the driver sat in his hatch surrounded in fire. Cashe yanked the driver out to the ground and extinguished the flames on his body. As he worked, enemy rounds cracked overhead and impacted around the vehicle in a complex ambush. Ignoring the gunfire, Cashe saw the troop hatch at the rear of the vehicle open. Smoke and flame poured out of the inner compartment, still occupied by 7 soldiers. Cashe ran to the opening and reached inside. His soaked uniform ignited as he pulled soldiers to safety. He returned inside the vehicle a second time, bringing more soldiers out. By the third time SFC Cashe entered the Bradley, his entire uniform burned on his body. More Bradleys arrived shortly after the explosion. Despite suffering 2nd and 3rd degree burns over more than 70% of his body, Cashe refused medical evacuation until all his soldiers were treated first. Six soldiers lived as a direct result of his actions.

Cashe returned to the US for treatment, and passed away from his burns three weeks later in November 2005. For his selfless actions, knowing exactly what the consequences could be, SFC Cashe was posthumously awarded the Silver Star. The medal is currently being contested, and the case being made for an upgrade to the Medal of Honor. Cashe was a veteran of the Gulf War and two combat deployments in Iraq. He was 35 years old at the time of his death.
I was in bed thinking about this post and this soldier's HEROIC actions
So here I am,back, not knowing what to say except thank you.

I think I'd rather jump on a Grenade than burn.
That man suffered for THREE LONG WEEKS.
RIP Cashe, you are gone but not forgotten

Taps gets me everytime!

I am a US Marine and hearing it every night always reminded me of the ones we have lost!

I always get people who ask why veterans always give each other such a hard time and what I always tell them is the same: "We give each other shit because we respect the others and their contributions, we were not all in the same branch but we all gave everything we had to the service. I then tell them that I will be damned if I ever hear a civilian give a veteran shit about the branch they served in or what they did in the military."

Non-military families and civilians will never know the sacrifices made by veterans and their families, so I will never allow any of them to bad mouth any veterans no matter their service or jobs.

Given that I say SEMPER FI veterans and Military Personnel! You will always have my respect and gratitude! You may not have served with me or even in the same branch but we are all brothers and sisters!

Taps gets me everytime!

I am a US Marine and hearing it every night always reminded me of the ones we have lost!

I always get people who ask why veterans always give each other such a hard time and what I always tell them is the same: "We give each other shit because we respect the others and their contributions, we were not all in the same branch but we all gave everything we had to the service. I then tell them that I will be damned if I ever hear a civilian give a veteran shit about the branch they served in or what they did in the military."

Non-military families and civilians will never know the sacrifices made by veterans and their families, so I will never allow any of them to bad mouth any veterans no matter their service or jobs.

Given that I say SEMPER FI veterans and Military Personnel! You will always have my respect and gratitude! You may not have served with me or even in the same branch but we are all brothers and sisters!
Well said sir.

For a small amount of perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900. When you are 14, World War I starts, and ends on your 18th birth year with 22 million people killed. Later in the year, the Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until you are 20. Fifty million people die from it in those two years. Yes 50 million.

When you are 29, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, global GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy.

When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren’t even over the hill yet.

When you are 41, the United States is fully pulled into WWII. Between your 39th and 45th birth year, 75 million people perish in the war and the Holocaust kills six million.

At 52the Korean War starts and 5 million perish.

Approaching your 62nd birth year you have the Cuban Missile Crisis, a tipping point for the Cold war. Life on our planet, as we know it, could have ended. Great leaders prevented it from happening.

At 64 the Vietnam War begins, and it doesn’t end for many years. Four million people die in that conflict.

As you turn 75, the Vietnam War finally ends. Think of everyone on the planet born in 1900. How do you survived all that? A kid in 1985 didn’t think their 85 year old grandparents understood how hard school was. Yet those grandparents (and now great grandparents) survived through everything listed above.

Perspective is an amazing art. Let’s try to keep things in perspective. Let’s be smart, help each other out, and we will get through all of this together. In the history of the world there has never been a storm that lasted. This too shall pass.

So embrace the suck and get it done.

Taps gets me everytime!

I disagree on one point. I have known many civilians that realize and appreciate the sacrifices, challenges, and hardships many veterans and their families endured. Many people in this country are aware and do their best to help.

The ones who do not can FO

Coming from the one horse town of Bingen WA To Hood River. I haven’t been on that bridge in over twenty years, is it still $0.50 ? .....and I hate riding on bridges cheese graters, it completely freaks me out the way it tracks your front wheel on a motorcycle making the bike feel like the front end is getting all wobbly.

Coming from the one horse town of Bingen WA To Hood River. I haven’t been on that bridge in over twenty years, is it still $0.50 ? .....and I hate riding on bridges cheese graters, it completely freaks me out the way it tracks your front wheel on a motorcycle making the bike feel like the front end is getting all wobbly.
Worked in hood river for a couple years. I think the toll is up to a $1.50 or $2. I have actually lost a mirror in that bridge because of dumbasses in motor homes that are too scared to ride the railing. I hate that damn bridge.
We head over that bridge every year and head up to Glenwood to turkey hunt and shoot a bow shoot.

Not .50 cents anymore:) I think it is like 2 bucks now. Not sure I have breeze pass and not sure. Its been suspended for the virus for now.

Its a bullshit bridge and should be free, more people than I know have lost mirrors on that bridge. Normally the bridges in that time were leased for a hundred years. That lease should have been expired. We requested a copy o f the lease but they said that it was not available. It is a tax on the poor and should be returned to the government.

They normally do weld repairs on that bridge during the day and the welders were not shielding the arc from the line of cars passing by on the single lanes. I called the Port of hood river, who operates it, and advised several times that they are required by law to shield the welding from the passerby's to prevent eye injury ass it is a OSHA requirement. They ignored my request.

I saw a mini van full of kids get stopped in the traffic just staring at the welding for over a minute and got out of my truck and walked up to them and told them to stop. I took their photos, blocked the bridge and photoed the company trucks and told them they need to stop ASAP or I would be filing a report while I parked there and videoed them. My GSD was livid when they got up to try to argue their point, told them to calm the fuck down or he will come out on his own. They finally stopped and now they have plywood shields. It is a simple job and revenue creating tax and should be done away with, thinking of starting a website/drive to "Free the Bridge".

After the calls I made to them 2 of my bridge passes got accidentally canceled.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Unlikely. In 1962 there were not any “AR-15s.”

Better bet is she’s holding an M-16.
Cut and paste from Wikipedia
In 1956, ArmaLite designed a lightweight selective fire rifle for military use and designated it the ArmaLite Rifle model 15, or AR-15.[12][13] Due to financial problems and limitations in terms of manpower and production capacity, ArmaLite sold the design and the AR-15 trademark along with the ArmaLite AR-10 to Colt's Manufacturing Company in 1959.[14] In 1964, Colt began selling its own version with an improved semi-automatic design known as the Colt AR-15.

I am betting you are wrong.

I'm pretty sure there were no M-16s in 1962... They might of had XM-16s or some other crap...

However, sine AR stands for Armalite Rifle... I'm guessing the original AR(-15) is from about 1960.

I'm guessing, but the M-16 wouldn't have seen using in Vietnam util the actual ramp-up began. So mid-1960s.

+1 for that being some for of an AR-15.

I'm pretty sure there were no M-16s in 1962... They might of had XM-16s or some other crap...

However, sine AR stands for Armalite Rifle... I'm guessing the original AR(-15) is from about 1960.

I'm guessing, but the M-16 wouldn't have seen using in Vietnam util the actual ramp-up began. So mid-1960s.

+1 for that being some for of an AR-15.

Under the guidance of former Marine and former Army Ordnance technician, Eugene Stoner, the AR-10 became the main focus of attention. Army officials asked Armalite to develop a smaller version of the AR-10 in 1956 as a potential replacement for the M1 Garand. The ensuing rifle was called the AR-15 and was produced with aircraft grade aluminum receivers, weighing less than seven pounds. In 1959, the AR-10 was licensed to the Dutch Arsenal, Artillerie Inrichtingen, for sale on the international market and then to Colt’s Patent Firearms Manufacturing Company, along with the AR-15. Shortly thereafter, Armalite began development of a new rifle, the AR18. Development of the AR-16 (which was later dropped due to the Army’s adoption of the M-14) and AR-17 12-gauge shotgun begins. The AR-7 Explorer becomes the first commercial rifle produced by Armalite. It is the civilian version of the Air Force adopted AR-5 Survival Rifle.

https://www.armalite.com/Armalite/History

Such majestic animals. I live in NE TN and am lucky that the population of them here has grown. I can fish 2 lakes near me and guarantee you I can see at least one of them on each outing.

It's the same here. Way more wildlife than when I was young. More people too. I'm guessing less hunting means less threat which means more visibility. Not sure about the Bald Eagles though. Never saw one around here until just a few years ago. There's a bird wildlife sanctuary nearby at a reservoir. Maybe they've been breeding well over the years. I'm just happy to see them regularly. More hawks too. Found one eating a rabbit in the neighbors yard just the other day.

I was using my 10/22 and it is short of a mile:)

You got me scratching my head. What's significant about 1727?

Small additional comment re: ECO #36, nice low number and the CZ in it, mine just has a # not low at all without that E or that CZ. Maybe I’ll check that out later tmro on the net. All nice there. 🤙

I preordered it from using Severns Customs. He had a good relationship with DW, so was high on the list. I didn't know what number I was getting, but is suspected it would be lowish. Not disappointed.

I yield the point on AR-15 vs. M-16. I was wrong.
It's all good, lol
One of the biggest misconceptions gun owners say is that the AR-15 has never been an assault rifle. I have said for 30 yrs, too bad Mr Stoner did not have the authority at Armalite to name the rifle after himself. An ES-15 designation would may have made shit less easy for anti's.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Last edited: