• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1590441951631.png

View attachment 7335042
Sergeant First Class Alwyn C. Cashe pulled six soldiers from the burning hulk of a Bradley Fighting Vehicle, while himself on fire and under fire from insurgents who set the ambush. He willingly sacrificed his life to rescue his fellow soldiers.

On October 17, 2005, SFC Cashe manned the turret of a Bradley Fighting Vehicle when it hit an IED. The bomb ignited a fuel cell on board, engulfing the vehicle in flames and showering the crew with fuel. SFC Cashe left his hatch unharmed, but drenched in fuel. At the front of the vehicle, the driver sat in his hatch surrounded in fire. Cashe yanked the driver out to the ground and extinguished the flames on his body. As he worked, enemy rounds cracked overhead and impacted around the vehicle in a complex ambush. Ignoring the gunfire, Cashe saw the troop hatch at the rear of the vehicle open. Smoke and flame poured out of the inner compartment, still occupied by 7 soldiers. Cashe ran to the opening and reached inside. His soaked uniform ignited as he pulled soldiers to safety. He returned inside the vehicle a second time, bringing more soldiers out. By the third time SFC Cashe entered the Bradley, his entire uniform burned on his body. More Bradleys arrived shortly after the explosion. Despite suffering 2nd and 3rd degree burns over more than 70% of his body, Cashe refused medical evacuation until all his soldiers were treated first. Six soldiers lived as a direct result of his actions.

Cashe returned to the US for treatment, and passed away from his burns three weeks later in November 2005. For his selfless actions, knowing exactly what the consequences could be, SFC Cashe was posthumously awarded the Silver Star. The medal is currently being contested, and the case being made for an upgrade to the Medal of Honor. Cashe was a veteran of the Gulf War and two combat deployments in Iraq. He was 35 years old at the time of his death.
And some think kneeling during the National Anthem is brave. Fuck those guys. This is what a real hero looks like! RIP Brave soldier!

Last edited:
View attachment 7335641
My father in law WWII in the pacific, he would cry at Christmas for the men he killed. I would not ask about any of it. 😢

My grandfather had the most frontline time of anyone in WWII. He could not talk about it at all. The reporters and History channel used to come around and try to get an interview from him. He would just go out to the garage and fire up the lawn mower so they would leave him alone. I didn't learn much about his unit until after he passed and I read the book written about his unit and could understand better why he couldn't talk about it. I do remember him and my dad arguing about war at night when they thought the rest were asleep.

If everyone knew how many old west guns I have, I would be told to go join another site. LOL. Fair warning its addictive , as soon as you buy your first 45 Colt.
Well, I’ve got a Ruger new vaquero in 45lc, just bought a colt new frontier in 22lr/22wmr, and now I’ve got my eye on a Winchester 1866 or 1873.

What better way to remember my father than sitting on the front porch harassing the squirrells at the bird feeder? .177 air pistol and shoot near them is good for a few laughs.

Attachments

• IMG_20200525_181354378.jpg
    IMG_20200525_181354378.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 155
My grandfather had the most frontline time of anyone in WWII. He could not talk about it at all. The reporters and History channel used to come around and try to get an interview from him. He would just go out to the garage and fire up the lawn mower so they would leave him alone. I didn't learn much about his unit until after he passed and I read the book written about his unit and could understand better why he couldn't talk about it. I do remember him and my dad arguing about war at night when they thought the rest were asleep.

Both my grandfathers died when I was young. Dad's dad fought in France in the Great War. Mom's dad went ashore on D Day. Never knew until after their deaths. Dad suffered trenchfoot in Korea.

I have my father's insignia, rank bars and many name tags in different languages. He was a Korean war vet. We lost him last father's day. I have his memorial flag in an inexpensive case temporarily until I can get his old wood working tools set up and make a proper presentation case and shadow box with them. My wife and I bought property and built a house next door to them to take care of them in their later years. I miss them both. I have no digital pictures of my dad and very few in print. He wasn't comfortable in front of a camera. I do have a copy of one in uniform that my grand mother had.

Would be a good candidate for who did it
View attachment 7335921

Every time I see that... Fuckin' gets me every time.

anim_lol.gif

It's GOT to be a gag. That smirk on his face gives it away. He's probably like "I wonder which one of ya'll motherfuckers I send this to is sober enough to spot it in 3 seconds or less"...

Reactions: TACC
There are more stories like yours than many would understand... it may be a rare thing for one generation to truly understand their parents or other’s experiences. It can happen, sometimes. I speak from the long rather dumb at times fumbling journeys of my own. And that has truly touched those that I touched and should/could have done better and different had my own father not been crippled in heart and soul by his survival of being a prisoner and the Bataan Death March. I know little of his experience personally....one evening he was crying talking to his Mom, my Grandma Bessie, a great elemental woman who lived and raised him in the STICKS and high plains of Pie Town, New Mexico ...Cowboy raised, cattle/horseback. He said a couple of sentences to her of his imprisonment and cried. I remember the short story of 4-5 sentences. I was very young, he was an alcoholic, we didn’t connect, he loved us I know but I didn’t learn many things about more than just that. There’s too much in just a space to put to words here. So, I’m trying to say I have slowly understood more from sources, my life, a book...”Unbroken” about Japanese prisoner treatment and its culture behind it, the effect on different men. What is currently showing now, “The Last Full Measure”, is one of the best, in one film, story that is of one instance of valor, and expands into a full scope of lives it touched spanning over 30 years until a certain, for those...measure of healing, something not all receive or graced to experience at all. The movie is a must watch, for everyone that will, it will unfold the hidden pain and crippling effect battle does leave inside, daily guilt, regret, and sorrows, memories, unending until maybe somehow something...someone does, shares, cares. This does not say it all. You simply must see it ....and, be ready...be ready. There are so many each veteran’s life touches how it does, it does not stay to him alone. Even if he never mentions it, it is there inside, always, coloring his choices and ability to live life, their life. Just watch, period.

Last edited:
The wife and I were fortunate to visit Normandy several years ago. On this Day of Days we thought we’d share a few photos.
4CDD2A14-1694-4476-A324-1F4DDB157AA5.jpeg
4CDD2A14-1694-4476-A324-1F4DDB157AA5.jpeg

Attachments

• 96072704-E18E-4BDC-8DA3-306FB6C43A91.jpeg
    96072704-E18E-4BDC-8DA3-306FB6C43A91.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 1D034FBB-A003-404C-B44E-9247F54E4152.jpeg
    1D034FBB-A003-404C-B44E-9247F54E4152.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 88
I watched the movie with “our” going on 17 Grandson we (now I) have mostly raised, on the couch last nite (actually wee early AM today). I stopped in places to do a short background explain of the times and events that were involved as the story evolved and expanded. I’m not great, but I do A LOT of talking with him about a lot of things that matter, why, what can go wrong, how easy it can, how to understand the need for your strength and mind in areas that must know right from wrong why it’s wrong or right. Hell I flood him sometimes. It’s all good. He “got” the movie he didn’t even know I was holding back sobbing at one point because he was crying too lmao. That was funny when we talked about it. There I was, sure he knew I was losing it a bit there totally....in my mind and heart, and didn’t notice me. I appreciate and am honored to be among many varied members here that are present in the Hide. I appreciate and love the Brothers and Sisters and Families that have given Full Measure. Thanks to all of them and you here, I know, are here. God Bless You, All of You. 🇺🇸

Last edited:
Did Obama say that? I’ve checked a few sources that refer to him in a mosque speech saying ‘An Attack On One Faith Is An Attack On All Our Faiths’. Also spotted story of the Boston Bomber inscribing that “Muslim” quote inside the boat he was hiding in, just asking for verification if any, DON’T think I’m for Obama, just checking.

Last edited:
Reactions: texasjack
Did Obama say that? I’ve checked a few sources that refer to him in a mosque speech saying ‘An Attack On One Faith Is An Attack On All Our Faiths’. Also spotted story of the Boston Bomber inscribing that “Muslim” quote inside the boat he was hiding in, just asking for verification if any, DON’T think I’m for Obama, just checking.
I don't care if the first part is accurate. I share the sentiment of the second part. You did see which thread it was posted in didn't you?