• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Here's a clean one owner unrestored from Oregon a friend bought.

20141211_101003-XL.jpg

20141211_101022-XL.jpg

20141114_143728-XL.jpg

20141114_143638-XL.jpg

20141114_143906-XL.jpg

Pretty amazing find.
We had almost that same Bronco while I was in high school. Little lighter blue IIRC. I laid it over on it's side not paying attention going down a hill but somehow only managed to break off a mirror. Wish I still had it!

Posting this here NOT to start discussions here (best if simply kept just to responses below here). I have it in the Pit just to be discussed there IF it is.
I studied Adam's style and work, as a budding (if you will "Still Shot" journalist) as with the greats of photography's golden age imho. Read many interviews and times he met the shooter later on in their current lives. This piece is just that, a contextual analysis about a still image. 🤙

Maybe the guy is just looking to get laid. Nothing about him says that any woman (or man, not that there is anything wrong with that) would be interested in him, so he is just going with an open invitation to who ever....
That’s what I said. 👍🏻

There is something about the boxy frames of the older model SUVs and pickup trucks that endear me FAR MORE than the designs of the newer ones. Perhaps it is because I practically live off of hunting, shooting, and safari stories from the 1930s to 1970s written by figures like Elmer Keith, Ed McGivern, the Kirklands of Dixie Gun Works, Val Forgett of Navy Arms, etc... These vehicles give off the rugged symbolism of adventure and the outdoors and being able to handle almost anything that Nature throws at it. That said, I much rather pick up an older used model Cherokee, even one that is beaten up, and devote some elbow grease into restoring it. The good news is that so many exist in my region alone with varying prices all in reasonable range it is hard to pick one out...
biggrin.gif

I couldn't agree more.

This is my XJ that I purchased new in 1999. Her name is Ginger.

She was my daily driver until I gave her to my son in 2017 as a graduation present and she is still his daily driver.

IMG_0083.JPG

I’m pretty sure that he’s just trying to get fucked.

That is actually very easy to do for him... The hardcore lifers in prison will pound all the blubber out of him in no time. They won't care that he is ugly. They'll just shove his face into the pillow with a shank pressed to his neck and the warning that if he even tries to turn around before whoever is doing him climaxes, that blade will enter his throat...

I couldn't agree more.

This is my XJ that I purchased new in 1999. Her name is Ginger.

She was my daily driver until I gave her to my son in 2017 as a graduation present and she is still his daily driver.

View attachment 7369899

I had a 99 Classic is green. Bought new. Traded for a minivan and two kids. :geek:

What trail is that?

There is something about the boxy frames of the older model SUVs and pickup trucks that endear me FAR MORE than the designs of the newer ones. Perhaps it is because I practically live off of hunting, shooting, and safari stories from the 1930s to 1970s written by figures like Elmer Keith, Ed McGivern, the Kirklands of Dixie Gun Works, Val Forgett of Navy Arms, etc... These vehicles give off the rugged symbolism of adventure and the outdoors and being able to handle almost anything that Nature throws at it. That said, I much rather pick up an older used model Cherokee, even one that is beaten up, and devote some elbow grease into restoring it. The good news is that so many exist in my region alone with varying prices all in reasonable range it is hard to pick one out...
biggrin.gif
Old mechanic here. Manual systems can be maintained, and will nag you when they need something. Electronic stuff just quits working, usually at a bad time. You should be the one doing the thinking in your car. That being said, climate controlled seats are Da Bomb.