• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1594270631148.png

Bunce School Road trail in the Arapaho/Roosevelt National Forest. It leads up to the wreckage of a USAF crash from the 1960's.

Never ran Bunce but did Left Hand/Carnage Canyon A LOT before they closed it a few years ago. Did some cleanups at the shooting area as well over the years.

Reactions: lariat
There is something about the boxy frames of the older model SUVs and pickup trucks that endear me FAR MORE than the designs of the newer ones. Perhaps it is because I practically live off of hunting, shooting, and safari stories from the 1930s to 1970s written by figures like Elmer Keith, Ed McGivern, the Kirklands of Dixie Gun Works, Val Forgett of Navy Arms, etc... These vehicles give off the rugged symbolism of adventure and the outdoors and being able to handle almost anything that Nature throws at it. That said, I much rather pick up an older used model Cherokee, even one that is beaten up, and devote some elbow grease into restoring it. The good news is that so many exist in my region alone with varying prices all in reasonable range it is hard to pick one out...
biggrin.gif

It took me a day to remember where I read this, but here is an article from Hagarty that highlighted the XJ Cherokee as one of the top 10 vehicles projected to start appreciating in value in 2020. (Pre-COVID of course.)

2020 Hagerty Bull Market selection: 1984–2001 Jeep Cherokee

For everyone that doesn't care about the Jeep Cherokee, just look at this instead...

107028875_309374060192284_7428035061550333629_n.mp4

Last edited:
It took me a day to remember where I read this, but here is an article from Hagarty that highlighted the XJ Cherokee's as one of the top 10 vehicles projected to start appreciating in value in 2020. (Pre-COVID of course.)

2020 Hagerty Bull Market selection: 1984–2001 Jeep Cherokee

For everyone that doesn't care about the Jeep Cherokee, just look at this instead...

107028875_309374060192284_7428035061550333629_n.mp4

Give that butt a few years and it will look like someone stuffing 30 pounds of boiled ham in a 10 pound sack.

Read all the books. Had zero clue there was a show. Wonder if it's any good. Always was fascinated and learned more about those wars than I did in high school.
The first season (13 episodes, IIRC) is excellent. Like all TV shows, they take liberties with the books, but this came out before Hollyweird decided everyone needs to drink from the political fire hose.

107142194_2699764023619556_7891986914852314859_o.jpg

A young 19 year old Teddy Roosevelt at Harvard, he was a wrestler and boxer during this time and even during the Presidency he’d spar with younger White House guards. His boxing capabilities came in handy in 1884 when he was in Mingusville, MT. He went into a bar and a man yelled out at him mocking his glasses saying how “Four eyes is going to treat”. Roosevelt laughed it off and sat down but the man was relentless having a gun in each hand and was swearing at Roosevelt. Teddy got up and said, “Well if I’ve got to I got to”. He then punched the man several times in the jaw and the man fired off his gun missing Roosevelt. The man fell to the ground knocked out and hit his head on the corner of the bar. Roosevelt de-armed him and the man left town that morning.