• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

FB_IMG_1605915215049.jpg

The new precision and accuracy standard: 2-shot groups, awesome idea. If we could improve upon it in only one way, it would be this: 1-shot groups.

Winning!
I normally shoot 5rd but do to component shortages I decided to shoot 3 round groups haha.

It's slightly wider than it is tall I promise it was 3 shots though.

You win. I was going to go with theme songs from Teletubby and Barney
To make your version better add the song from Lamb Chops Playalong. Not going to mention it by name intentionally or link the song. If you know the song you know it.

Well, he is lucky that the US Armed Forces does not abide by a code followed by the major outlaw biker gangs, that's for sure... Saw on History Channel's Gangland how a good old boy, now a contractor who owns his own landscaping business but who used to ride with the Hells Angels describe what happened to a poor old fool who got a tattoo of the HA on his arm and openly showed it off at numerous saloons, including establishments where real HA members frequented. It wasn't pleasant, to say the least...
It either gets cut off or sanded off off

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Closest I ever came was Page and Plant. I think it was 1998, at the Target Center.

Not sure, we piled in a lot of concerts back in high school as most of these guys would be gone before too long.

Yup, 1998. I even found the set list.

Saw Led Zeppelin in Madison Square Garden in 1974. Excellent concert and Dazed & Confused was awesome.

Bad Angel
Stacks Image 3

This handsome P-51 Mustang, named Bad Angel, sits in the Pima Air and Space Museum, near Tucson, Arizona, USA. Proudly displayed on the fuselage of Bad Angel were the markings of the pilot's kills: 7 Germans; 1 Italian; 1 Japanese and, curiously, 1 American.
Stacks Image 7

Lt Curdes’ unusual tally of kills adorns his P-51 Mustang.
Fortunately, one of the museum's documents revealed the explanation. In 1942, the United States needed pilots for its war planes and a certain Lt Louis Curdes was one of them. When he was 22 years old, he graduated from flight training school and was shipped off to the Mediterranean to fight over Southern Europe.

He arrived at his 82nd Fighter Group, 95th Fighter Squadron in April 1943 and was assigned to P-38 Lightnings. Ten days later he shot down three German Messerschmitt Bf-109 fighters. A few weeks later, he downed two more German Bf -109s.

In less than a month of combat, Louis was declared an Ace. During the next three months, Louis shot down an Italian Mc-202 fighter and two more Messerschmitts before his luck finally ran out. A German fighter shot him down on 27 August 1943, over Salerno, Italy.
Captured by the Italians, he was sent to a POW camp near Rome. However, a few days later, the Italians surrendered and Louis, with a few other pilots, escaped before the Germans could take control of the camp.

Louis volunteered for another combat tour. This time, Uncle Sam sent him to the Philippines. where he flew
P-51 Mustangs.

Soon after arriving in the Pacific, Louis downed a Mitsubishi reconnaissance plane near Formosa. Now he was one of only three Americans to have kills against all three Axis Powers: Germany, Italy, and Japan.

Up until this point, young Lt Curdes’ combat career had been stellar. His story was about to take a twist so bizarre that it seems like the fictional creation of a Hollywood screenwriter.

While attacking the Japanese-held island of Bataan, one of Louis' wingmen was shot down. The pilot ditched in the ocean. Circling overhead, Louis could see that his wingman had survived, so he stayed in the area to guide a rescue plane and protect the downed pilot.

It wasn't long before he noticed another, larger aircraft, wheels down, preparing to land at the Japanese-held airfield on Bataan. He moved in to investigate. Much to his surprise he saw that the aircraft was a Douglas C-47 transport, with American markings. He tried to make radio contact, but without success. He manoeuvred his Mustang in front of the big transport several times, trying to wave it off but the C-47 doggedly continued its approach. Apparently the C-47 crew didn't realise they were about to land on a Japanese-held island, and soon would be captives.

Lt Curdes, mindful of the vicious reputation of Japanese soldiers toward their captives, knew that whoever was in that American C-47 would be, upon landing, either dead or wishing that they were.

Desperate measures were called for. Audaciously, he lined up his P-51 directly behind the transport aircraft, carefully sighted one of his 50 caliber machine guns and knocked out one of its two engines. Still the C-47 continued on toward the Bataan airfield. Curdes shifted his aim slightly and knocked out the remaining engine, leaving the baffled transport pilot no choice but to ditch in the ocean.

The big plane came down in one piece about 50 yards from his bobbing wingman. At this point, nightfall and low fuel forced Louis to return to base. The next morning, Louis flew cover for a PBY Catalina that picked up the downed Mustang pilot, 12 passengers and crew, including two female nurses, from the C-47. All survived. Later, Lt Curdes would end up marrying one of these nurses!

For shooting down an unarmed American transport aircraft, Lt Louis Curdes was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross. Thereafter, on the fuselage of his P-51 ‘Bad Angel’, he proudly displayed the symbols of his kills: 7 German, one Italian, one Japanese and one American flag.

View attachment 7477876
Couple of my babies. The Strat is my pride and joy. Previously owned and toured with by Rick McRay of George Straights Ace in the Hole Band.
I helped my son build and finish this nice specimen this summer. He says it’s now his favorite playing guitar by far, over his others including a high end Gibson he saved up for. He researched heavily and bought the best components and pickups for it, wired and soldered everything himself. This picture does not do the finish justice, but I can tell you that it is smooth. Two coats Danish oil and three light coats of semi gloss polyurethane. Hand rubbed between each coat.

1605930605097.jpeg

I get a kick out of or the parents that are complaining about loans they got to put their kids through school... Lol.

The whole figure it out thing... Can't disagree with it. But there is one problem. They weren't smart enough to get a degree in a field of study that allows them to easily pay back that loan so they probably don't have the tools to figure it out

You don't have to pay student loans while still in school.

This is another one of those things when the government got involved it all went to shit. Before the government started subsidizing student loans an education didn't cost $150k.

Kids forget that the outcome is employment. You need skills or knowledge that make you employable. Some of the study paths and degrees are real head scratchers.

I get a kick out of or the parents that are complaining about loans they got to put their kids through school... Lol.

The whole figure it out thing... Can't disagree with it. But there is one problem. They weren't smart enough to get a degree in a field of study that allows them to easily pay back that loan so they probably don't have the tools to figure it out

I took a loan out to send my daughter to school. Along with her working, we got it done. She is now getting her Doctorate in Physical Therapy in PA. I'm still paying on the loans for her undergrad. She is on the hook for her Doctorate. In the end she is going to be making good money if the socialized medicine isn't instituted.

Interest rates for the student loans are for shit. The way you have to pay on them only the .gov could get away with (you cannot pay down the principle). I can get a better interest rate on a Mercedes Benz. but....I signed up for it and I am responsible. If they give these motherfuckers a free ride and "Forgive" their debt it is total BS.