• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1605942383468.png

People talk a lot about Led Zeplin

This is a great breakdown of why their music was different

Even if Zepplin is not your cup of tea- you might enjoy understanding why zepplin was different

I played when I was younger ... didn't always understand what I heard from Bonham but knew it was great and different. This video made it all come together and really echoed my own feelings about LZ in a more technical manner. Thanks for sharing it.

IMG_5537.jpg

People talk a lot about Led Zeplin

This is a great breakdown of why their music was different

Even if Zepplin is not your cup of tea- you might enjoy understanding why zepplin was different

I agree whole-heartedly that John Bonham's drumming was a huge part of the chemistry. Once clear video was available, it made more sense to us less creative drummers. There is an interview with John from the 70s about his influences that led to the formation of his style and it's fascinating.

So don't mistake how much I respect what John brought to the music of Led Zeppelin - he was huge and essential. But don't discount how huge Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones were in composition, arrangement and making the studio work for the concept. There are interviews with Page where he talks about his concept of hard rock & heavy metal, with the contrast provided by dynamics. Many great songs have that in spades, where the instrumental sections are arranged to drop the hammer when the voice is quiet, then the arrangement and dynamic performance of instruments back off to provide room for the vocals. Listening to Led Zeppelin analytically reveals just how well their best songs were composed, arranged and performed. It also helped that the themes were delivered passionately and spoke to where their audience's collective head was at.