• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

476F340B-65A4-4FCA-B220-B511680289A7.jpeg

It seems since Obama was in charge up till now , the flag has been used and abused more and more. Seems it is ALWAYS at half staff for one reason or another.
Then after the said time of mourning is over it still stays down. Back in the day , it was only lowered for someone or something really important, now it only takes a deranged person to do others harm , then the flag goes back down. ☹️
When I was young and in grade school it was a honor and privilege to raise and lower our flag every day. I still feel that way to this day.
I also worked at a National Cemetery during college and proper flag etiquette was a
every day event. We took handling it correctly very serious. If I see the flag abused or misused, I have 0 problem telling whomever is responsible to rectify it quickly. I have been told everything from thanks , to get off my property.
RIGHT ON!

Nothing wrong with france, it has normandy with the national cemetery there and all the monuments for D-Day.

I got to be there for the 75th anniversary in 2019.

Doc
A buddy of mine was there for that too. He is a navigator on C-130's and they were part of the reenactment of the Airborne drop over St. Sainte-Mere-Eglese. They were a last minute fill in for a unit that couldn't fill their spot so by the time they got the tasking, all the local rooms in France were full. They had to stay in England and it ended up they were the only plane that flew the actual route of the original invasion.
I have a flag he flew for me that day along with a certificate that has the mission, date and place.

I stayed in a hotel on gold beach. Walked up to the monument. We were in Germany for the atlantic resolve mission. No training then so we were allowed to go. Had to pay our own way of course but it truly was worth it seeing all that.

Doc

Of the 27 countries I've been to, France isn't one of them.
Except for the Normandy region, I have no desire to visit.
I'm not a bucket list kinda guy, but that is the one place I'm gonna visit before I die.

Nothing wrong with france, it has normandy with the national cemetery there and all the monuments for D-Day.

I got to be there for the 75th anniversary in 2019.

Doc

Normandy is just another location on a map; it's great because of what my grandfather and others, most especially those in the National Cemetery did at Normandy.

I envy you. The SIL of a friend was selected to jump in on the 60th (IIRC). That's an honor that may never come in a lifetime.