• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Motorcyclist clocked going 193 mph on NY highway

Re: Motorcyclist clocked going 193 mph on NY highway

Gearing a street bike for 190mph is a waste of an otherwise good engine. Besides, anyone can point a bike in a straight line and pull the pin.... The more interesting question is: What were his lap times?

plus it was raining!

There aren't too many bikes that can actually get to that speed. The "other bike doing 166" is more believable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">14 tickets! hahahahaha </div></div>

That seems like an excessive number for one offense.

Damn, fastest I have been on a bike was 175. I don't think I have the balls to go almost 200 mph on a bike.

Happens lots of times over and over here on a saturday night on the big bridges and strait aways onthe highway... The crazy thing is there are some cars that do it just as quick !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There aren't too many bikes that can actually get to that speed. The "other bike doing 166" is more believable. </div></div>

Most bikes doing a 200 MPH pull around here are far from stock. BTW doesn't take much to get a Busa or ZX14R to do that speed at all...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, fastest I have been on a bike was 175. I don't think I have the balls to go almost 200 mph on a bike.</div></div>

So they pick you up with a shovel instead of a sponge. You're not gonna know the difference.

The fastest I've been is 176 with a suped up GSXR 750, lots of long flat highway back home in KS. That speed really is the second best addernaline rush I'v ever had second only to getting shot at.
The bad part is that once you make it known that you are riding recklessly in an area the next time they see you they usually just show up at your house with a new set of bracelets.

On a lonely and very straight, recently paved stretch of California desert highway, south of Hemet, I put my then brand new V-star 1100 Custom up to 105mph. I just wanted to see if I could do it.

Lo and behold, a curve appeared, known to me, but presenting itself earlier than I'd planned.

It was a gradual curve, nothing crazy or even worth batting an eye at when going 60mph. But damn. 105 to maybe 95, and there she was.

I made it and entered another straight stretch. I never went that fast again. I did not feel like I could control the bike that fast. If anything appeared from nowhere, I'd have either laid it down or hit said object.

193 is just as dumb as jumping off the George Washington Bridge with a pair of floaties on.

I now ride a smaller bike, and I enjoy it much more. I don't need to go fast. I just need to keep up with traffic and meander around town.

Pretty irresponsible on a heavily traveled public road and in the rain. I have a lead foot and a heavy right wrist, but I try to use good judgement as to when to jam on the loud pedal.

Back in the '80s in the Tampa Bay area, we had a couple really cool LEOs who would let us run for top speeds on an abandoned stretch of road in an old industrial district. They would block off the only entrance with a cruiser and use the walkie to let the other know when to let the next car go. The one at the far end had his radar out so we knew exactly how fast we were going.

A couple times the motorcycle cops came out and ran their big Kawis.

My personal best was 174mph in my root beer brown Volare...the one with the 8-71 blown Keith Black hemi from one of Parnelli Jone's old funny cars.
grin.gif

That's just crazy.

I dont do it on 2 wheels, but I had my trans am up to 180 MPH only did it once to prove a point, people said the car would run out of RPMs before I could get it that fast, it was at redline but a stock trans am with 9 lbs of boost pushing it will do it, now I put a TH400 trans in it and lower gears with a bigger 383 stroker in it, it tops out at 140 MPH now but its just about doing that in the 1/4 mile.

My best was 156 in my 1970 ss454 chevelle but now it much more of a rush doing 75 on my Yamaha yfz 450 Quad on the sand.

Its amazing how fast curves and intersections appear at those speeds, if an animal or something comes out all you can do is hold on and pray.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tac22</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There aren't too many bikes that can actually get to that speed. The "other bike doing 166" is more believable. </div></div>

Most bikes doing a 200 MPH pull around here are far from stock. BTW doesn't take much to get a Busa or ZX14R to do that speed at all... </div></div>

The new BMW street bike will hit that 200mph mark easy after its break in period.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lethal93ta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont do it on 2 wheels, but I had my trans am up to 180 MPH only did it once to prove a point, people said the car would run out of RPMs before I could get it that fast, it was at redline but a stock trans am with 9 lbs of boost pushing it will do it, now I put a TH400 trans in it and lower gears with a bigger 383 stroker in it, it tops out at 140 MPH now but its just about doing that in the 1/4 mile. </div></div>

Ok... that is atleast worth a scan of the timeslip. Did the car ever get pulled over for running 90MPH in a 55?

Ive gone 163 on my pimped out R6, but then again i was young and stupid. Thats the first time and last time ive been above 160 on a two wheeled vehicle.... til I get my next bike
laugh.gif

We buy bikes because they are fast, but that is getting just a tad outta hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">plus it was raining! </div></div>With the right tires you can go as fast in the wet as in the dry. Corners a bit trickier, because you have to be very smooth on the throttle and brakes, but it's still possible to get a knee down.

On the highway standing water plays tricks with your head because you see the speedo blip as the rear spins-up momentarily and then settles back down to cruising speed... the back end suddenly going light gets your attention the first few times.

[/quote]The new BMW street bike will hit that 200mph mark easy after its break in period. [/quote] The actual top end "stock" is 187+. With 2 teeth down in the rear sprocket, mirrors pulled, and the headlight area & wind screen vents taped up they will run 197mph. http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/n...reaches-197mph/ Anthony

"He told them he was headed to a hospital to visit a patient" He keeps it up, and he'll be the patient or worse...

all bikes by law will only do 185. even the busa and the zx14, but you could by pass that easy. most 1000cc bike with little work will get up to 200mph

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooting Az</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all bikes by law will only do 185. even the busa and the zx14, but you could by pass that easy. most 1000cc bike with little work will get up to 200mph </div></div> Actually, there is no law limiting the speed of motorcycles or any other vehicles in this country. The speed limiting comes into play because of the tires, & is at the discretion of the manufacturers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gearing a street bike for 190mph is a waste of an otherwise good engine. Besides, anyone can point a bike in a straight line and pull the pin.... The more interesting question is: What were his lap times?</div></div>
You are this guy.
A cap trooper who was sight-seeing in Paris. He visited Les Invalides, looked down at Napoleon's coffin and said to a French guard there: "Who's he?"
The Frenchman was properly scandalized. "Monsieur does not know? This is the tomb of Napoleon! Napoleon Bonaparte -- the greatest soldier who has ever lived!"
The cap trooper thought about it. Then he asked, "So? Where were his drops?"

years ago i was sitting at a stop light on a divided 4 lane. a bike went by me fast enough to rock my sonoma pickup...alot. a very few seconds later a police car rocked my truck again. what is more dangerous than an idiot on a 800 lb bike? answer.. the 4000 lb. police car chasing him. i was stationary at the time that both blasted by me. often wonder who would have paid for my funeral if the intersection had been blocked. NO speeding stop is worth injuring or killing an innocent bystander.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomholzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lethal93ta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont do it on 2 wheels, but I had my trans am up to 180 MPH only did it once to prove a point, people said the car would run out of RPMs before I could get it that fast, it was at redline but a stock trans am with 9 lbs of boost pushing it will do it, now I put a TH400 trans in it and lower gears with a bigger 383 stroker in it, it tops out at 140 MPH now but its just about doing that in the 1/4 mile. </div></div>

Ok... that is atleast worth a scan of the timeslip. Did the car ever get pulled over for running 90MPH in a 55? </div></div>

if I would have money to get some dyno time with the car I know I could tune more into my TA I have a safe tune right now that I know im not going to run it lean adn I could probably knock the timing up some, but if I go to much faster id have to put a 10 point roll cage in my car Im only legal for 10.00 right now with the roll bar I have in it. I dont feel like pulling the interior out again to put more bars and weight into the car. im happy with a low 10 second street car.

slip.jpg

IMG_1866.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lethal93ta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomholzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lethal93ta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont do it on 2 wheels, but I had my trans am up to 180 MPH only did it once to prove a point, people said the car would run out of RPMs before I could get it that fast, it was at redline but a stock trans am with 9 lbs of boost pushing it will do it, now I put a TH400 trans in it and lower gears with a bigger 383 stroker in it, it tops out at 140 MPH now but its just about doing that in the 1/4 mile. </div></div>

Ok... that is atleast worth a scan of the timeslip. Did the car ever get pulled over for running 90MPH in a 55? </div></div>

if I would have money to get some dyno time with the car I know I could tune more into my TA I have a safe tune right now that I know im not going to run it lean adn I could probably knock the timing up some, but if I go to much faster id have to put a 10 point roll cage in my car Im only legal for 10.00 right now with the roll bar I have in it. I dont feel like pulling the interior out again to put more bars and weight into the car. im happy with a low 10 second street car.

slip.jpg

IMG_1866.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG
</div></div>

OH NO! I was <span style="font-weight: bold">SO impressed</span> right up until I noticed the pink roll cage padding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lethal93ta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomholzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lethal93ta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont do it on 2 wheels, but I had my trans am up to 180 MPH only did it once to prove a point, people said the car would run out of RPMs before I could get it that fast, it was at redline but a stock trans am with 9 lbs of boost pushing it will do it, now I put a TH400 trans in it and lower gears with a bigger 383 stroker in it, it tops out at 140 MPH now but its just about doing that in the 1/4 mile. </div></div>

slip.jpg

IMG_1866.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG
</div></div>

OH NO! I was <span style="font-weight: bold">SO impressed</span> right up until I noticed the pink roll cage padding. </div></div>

its red the camera just makes it look pink.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IronMaidenFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">193? I poo poo 193.

One word.....

Hayabusa

214.jpg

speedo.jpg
</div></div>

AND what did you have to do to get this speed from your? bike?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lethal93ta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomholzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lethal93ta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont do it on 2 wheels, but I had my trans am up to 180 MPH only did it once to prove a point, people said the car would run out of RPMs before I could get it that fast, it was at redline but a stock trans am with 9 lbs of boost pushing it will do it, now I put a TH400 trans in it and lower gears with a bigger 383 stroker in it, it tops out at 140 MPH now but its just about doing that in the 1/4 mile. </div></div>

slip.jpg

</div></div>

Impressive!

about the only thing you have to do to a busa to get it that fast is get the speed limiter tuned out, there insane bikes. Im seeing more and more turbo powered busa's I cant even think about how fast that would be, I had a ZX9 ninja for a little and it scared the !hit out of me. I sold it not to long after I bought it I knew if I didnt it would only be a matter of time till I layed it over or worse. I dont think I ever even had the bike over 100 MPH, I keep on thinking about getting a GSXR 600, R6 or something like that but even the 600s are insanely fast.

I am curious on the engine setup; block, heads, induction.

I have a bunch of unused 383 stuff if you would ever be interested. J&E forged slugs, Eagle forged 4340 H rods, Eagle forged 4340 stroker crank, other stuff.

I have a '06 F4i, it's time consuming to push that 600 past 150MPH, it starts crawling after only 140MPH. But I use it more as a sport-touring bike.

I see that crap often enough.
Just last weekend, I was piddin' home down Rte 17 @ (~70mph, right lane) when a cracka-azz-cracka on a rice rocket BLEW past me in the left lane doing <span style="font-style: italic">at least 100</span>. Thing about is was he was holdin' a wheelie as he went by. And not just a lifted front end, it was a 45degree angle, full on wheelie...

Always entertaining to see a fresh recipe for road pizza!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomholzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lethal93ta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"></div></div>

I am curious on the engine setup; block, heads, induction.

I have a bunch of unused 383 stuff if you would ever be interested. J&E forged slugs, Eagle forged 4340 H rods, Eagle forged 4340 stroker crank, other stuff.

I have a '06 F4i, it's time consuming to push that 600 past 150MPH, it starts crawling after only 140MPH. But I use it more as a sport-touring bike. </div></div>

the motor isnt near stock anymore,
LT1 block w/ splayed 4 bolt mains
Callies 4340 forged crank
Manley H Beam rods
JE 31 CC dished pistons, 9.0:1 compression
Custom ground blower cam
AFR CNC ported 210cc heads
ATI D1 procharger running a 12 lb pully
Aeromotive A1000 fuel system pump/regualtor
FAST 70lb fuel injectors
Accel DFI gen VII engine management system
ATI TH400 trans with trans brake (about useless right now I need more tire to use the trans brake I might put in 3.90 gears and 28x11.5 inch tires in place of my 3.70 gears and 26x10.5 tires now, that alone would probably get me in the 9s my 60s only being in the 1.6 range if I pull a 1.5 or 1.4 60 time witch I dont think is out of line on the trans brake it would be a 9 second pass)
ATI Treemaster MRT converter 3700 stall.
Moser 9 inch rear w/spool.

but right now the car is sitting in storage, I dont have money to run the car I was trying to sell it for a while but I have over 35 into the car I got offers of 10 for it but im not selling it that cheap. I was just given notice there closing the plant down where I work in a month or 2 depending on how things go, but by the end of july for sure im out of a job, money was tight before so im not going to have any extra to spend, the car will sit in storage till I get things back together and be able to race it every weekend again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knockemdown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see that crap often enough.
Just last weekend, I was piddin' home down Rte 17 @ (~70mph, right lane) when a cracka-azz-cracka on a rice rocket BLEW past me in the left lane doing <span style="font-style: italic">at least 100</span>. Thing about is was he was holdin' a wheelie as he went by. And not just a lifted front end, it was a 45degree angle, full on wheelie...

Always entertaining to see a fresh recipe for road pizza! </div></div>

before I did all the work to my TA to turn it into a race car and it was boosted only I was doing around 120-130 my friend went around me on his ZX9R with his GF on the back riding a wheelie. I got out of the throttle fast and backed off the thoughts & images going through my head of her falling off the back in front of me I couldnt stand. we were driving on back roads up in the mountian going 70 or so into 35 MPH turns with his GF on the back all I see is sparks flying from his pegs grinding on the black top from leaning into it so hard I cant beleave he didnt loose it there.

heres a video from ways back at the straight away we use to go to to race bikes cars what ever, as you can see from the dates on the video that was back in 01, some of the other videos on my youtube of my trans am are back from 02 when it was still a stock engine/trans rear just with a P600B procharger making 9 lbs back then, I could never talk anyone into going with me to the track to take videos of me racing most of my friends lost interset after we got out of school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGD788ir2Qk&feature=youtu.be

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

AND what did you have to do to get this speed from your? bike? </div></div>

Cheetah_70mm_Web.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tac22</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There aren't too many bikes that can actually get to that speed. The "other bike doing 166" is more believable. </div></div>

Most bikes doing a 200 MPH pull around here are far from stock. BTW doesn't take much to get a Busa or ZX14R to do that speed at all... </div></div>

The new BMW street bike will hit that 200mph mark easy after its break in period. </div></div>
I assume you are talking about the S1000RR; and in stock form not a shot! Bikes are about as aerodynamic as a schoolbus. Need a lot of hp to do 200mph, depending on the cd around 225-250 HP.

My 1999 ZRX1100 will do 140mph in a mile , and it is a slow brick compared to the big crotch rockets

my bike puts out 95 hp, old Vmax (brick cruiser) 146 hp, ZX-12 about 165 hp

Our stock, unrestricted numbers of 192.4 mph for the Hayabusa and 190.2 mph for the ZX-12R were obtained at a previous outing, with a slight tailwind present. Nonetheless, our modified ZX-12R first burned past the radar gun at 190.0 mph, with the Hayabusa posting an initial 191.3-mph blast. Gearing can be crucial to top speed, and for that reason we had on hand a selection of AFAM rear sprockets to play with. Dropping a tooth from the rear of the Kawasaki boosted speed to 190.7, but the Hayabusa-geared tall to begin with-couldn't pull anything more and actually lost speed, running 187.1 mph.

Read more: http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_0110_hayabusa_zx_12r_compared/index.html#ixzz1waUjiql7

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IronMaidenFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

AND what did you have to do to get this speed from your? bike? </div></div>

Cheetah_70mm_Web.jpg
</div></div>

And how much did the 21 mph over stock set you back?

A gen one at 214. Id be lying if I didnt say I was a little suspect of your claim. Especially since those pics look awfull familier to me. Or is this not your bike, just some pics you dug up? I was running a Tsukegi Canon full exhaust on my gen 2. I had it up to about 185 indicated which probably means somewhere in the 170's actual considering the typical upper end speedo error.

Who needs the "best bull shizzle someone told you and was serious" thread, when you can just read this one?
crazy.gif

ok I will jump into this, I have a riding lawn mower that will clock out at right around 100 MPH. try that with no suspension and direct steering and talk about adrenalin rush.

i know that an 08 busa running 7psi of boost will not do over 210mhp on Interstate 8 even with a speedohealer .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A gen one at 214. Id be lying if I didnt say I was a little suspect of your claim. Especially since those pics look awfull familier to me. Or is this not your bike, just some pics you dug up?</div></div>

The pics with the GPS belong to a bike owned by my friend Kevin who went by the name SuperKaos for a while. He used to live in South Florida and a group of us Busa owners would go out to a deserted stretch of Route 27 on Sunday mornings for this type of madness.

Don't believe 214? How about this?

218mph.jpg